Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i bet tis still that mini v8 that everyone says is a dog and the normal one. Toyota was setting themselves up to lose a good bit of their truck market by having no v8
Hopefully if it's not an NA V8, it'll be the Land Cruiser diesel engine. If I was forced to pick, I would get the oil burner.

"The Land Cruiser has long been offered with diesel engines as well, and this generation will have an available 3.3-liter twin-turbo diesel V-6 with 304 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. Both engines will mate to a 10-speed automatic transmission and feature full-time four-wheel drive with a two-speed transfer case."

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
when i first got in my truck at the dealer and saw the column shifter, i had a flashback to my 85 f150 because the only other titans i had ever been in were first gens. i was and still am a little bummed at the column shifter. it reminds me of the lowest trim levels on other manufacturer vehicles. and it blocks my view of one button so i always forget its there. i would much rather have a console shift like the first gens

·
Registered
26 Posts
My last few vehicles and my company truck are all GM half tons. So the column shifter doesn't bug me. But the use of brush bristles where it enters the steering column instead of a nice boot does. When I first saw it, I was embarrassed for Nissan. Even my wife spotted it and said "is this missing the cover"

No, no it's not.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I don't see how anyone could complain about resale value on a Titan.
It has nothing to do with the re-sale value on the Titan. It's a covid supply and demand thing right now. When things are "normal" the Titan has a horrible re-sale value much like the rest of Nissan's cars.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
It has nothing to do with the re-sale value on the Titan. It's a covid supply and demand thing right now. When things are "normal" the Titan has a horrible re-sale value much like the rest of Nissan's cars.

You mean much like the rest of most car manufacturers. Although, I will say that Nissan's resale is relatively horrid. My P4X that I just traded in got $51K (Covid numbers more likely) in trade. My 4-door, people are asking me for close to what I paid in 2016 for it, but it's a Chevy and they stopped making them in 2017. Most cars are pretty much tanking as soon as you drive off, unless it's some 6-figure plus italian one off.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Pre-covid if you looked at any Nissan car or truck online and then looked at comparable model with all the same features from another manufcaturer...the Nissan was always a $1000 or more less than the comparable car from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
they must be happy with how its going though because they aren't trying to move up the top 10 list. its funny since Nissan is such an old automotive company. they have been around a long time but i think since they are spread into so many different things in the world, the cars and trucks are just a piece of their pie and making enough to keep them off the trouble radar at the hq

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
they must be happy with how its going though because they aren't trying to move up the top 10 list. its funny since Nissan is such an old automotive company. they have been around a long time but i think since they are spread into so many different things in the world, the cars and trucks are just a piece of their pie and making enough to keep them off the trouble radar at the hq
They are also in cohoots with Renault which I think hurts them a bit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I held off on pulling the trigger, but KBB and NADA have my truck posting more than i paid for it. But we might see what the 22 Pathys look like in person, they gotz that sexy Frontier front end.

Who knows, maybe a better deal on 2 trucks. But both the Titan and the Pathy are listing more than what we paid for them. Kinda hard NOT to entertain the idea, at least.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I held off on pulling the trigger, but KBB and NADA have my truck posting more than i paid for it. But we might see what the 22 Pathys look like in person, they gotz that sexy Frontier front end.

Who knows, maybe a better deal on 2 trucks. But both the Titan and the Pathy are listing more than what we paid for them. Kinda hard NOT to entertain the idea, at least.
Given that I work from home, and only need a car for going to the grocery store on occasion, if not for the cars that I currently own, I'd be tempted to sell what I had, buy the cheapest vehicle I can find that's decently reliable, and just start saving as much money as I can so that I can buy the car I want when the markets are better. I'd almost say sell and not bother buying a car with home delivery now a thing, but if you ever decide to buy another car, the crappy insurance companies will penalize you if you have had a gap in insurance, which is why I say get a cheap car, and keep liability.

Hell, I'm constantly tempted to sell my Chevy as a local dealership has offered me about $38K for it. The only thing that keeps me from selling it is that anything comparable to it on the market is going to cost me at least $50K.

And I agree, the new Pathfinder is going to look interesting if it's based on the new Frontier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Given that I work from home, and only need a car for going to the grocery store on occasion, if not for the cars that I currently own, I'd be tempted to sell what I had, buy the cheapest vehicle I can find that's decently reliable, and just start saving as much money as I can so that I can buy the car I want when the markets are better. Hell, I'm constantly tempted to sell my Chevy as a local dealership has offered me about $38K for it. The only thing that keeps me from selling it is that anything comparable to it on the market is going to cost me at least $50K.

And I agree, the new Pathfinder is going to look interesting if it's based on the new Frontier.
I'm fixing to go back to commuting next month. This past year has been awesome getting 3 months to the gallon.
But, yeah i totally agree. Being offered 17k$ for my 12 T isn't worth the 52K$ they want for USED P4X's or SLs around here. But the Pathy is being offered at 21k$ (17 SL) makes it more interesting.

·
Registered
289 Posts
With Carvana offering what they are I’m super tempted to sell the truck and just pocket the money. I have all the other rides so the truck is just a tow vehicle.

If I sell the toy hauler the truck will probably go. It’ll suck, but also it’ll be nice.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm fixing to go back to commuting next month. This past year has been awesome getting 3 months to the gallon.
But, yeah i totally agree. Being offered 17k$ for my 12 T isn't worth the 52K$ they want for USED P4X's or SLs around here. But the Pathy is being offered at 21k$ (17 SL) makes it more interesting.
When I had my 06 GTO, and gas prices were hitting close to $5.00 a gallon (the LS2 loved Premium, and I had it tuned for Premium) I had to let go of my GTO. It really pained me to do so, but I wound up getting a Kia Forte. The funny thing about it was going from a 6.0 liter to a 2.0 liter, my insurance rate actually went up by $10 a month. Fortunately, I didn't have to feel the pain at the pump. I drove that crappy little Forte for a few years and when gas came back down, I traded it in for a Kia Optima. It definitely wasn't a GTO, but had decent power for a 2.0 turbo. The car market right now reminds me of that time because it seems like people are having to buy what they can versus what they want. My current Titan will hopefully let me weather this crazy storm.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
Mine will. 5 bucks a gallon wouldn't even bother me since it's two miles to work and I ride my bike year round

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I had my 06 GTO, and gas prices were hitting close to $5.00 a gallon (the LS2 loved Premium, and I had it tuned for Premium) I had to let go of my GTO. It really pained me to do so, but I wound up getting a Kia Forte. The funny thing about it was going from a 6.0 liter to a 2.0 liter, my insurance rate actually went up by $10 a month. Fortunately, I didn't have to feel the pain at the pump. I drove that crappy little Forte for a few years and when gas came back down, I traded it in for a Kia Optima. It definitely wasn't a GTO, but had decent power for a 2.0 turbo. The car market right now reminds me of that time because it seems like people are having to buy what they can versus what they want. My current Titan will hopefully let me weather this crazy storm.
Dude, no joke. That's actually back when I had my 02 Ram. LOVED that hemi! But didn't love the gas bill higher than the payment. So traded that for an 12 Altima, thus starting my Nissan loyalty.Went from 12 Altima, 10 Maxima, 07Murano, 97 Pathy, 17 Rogue, 12 Titan, and 17 Pathy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Love the T, may just use the down payment money and grab some PR seats off ebay or something and a 2nd gen steering wheel and be happy.
My seat is already flattened out. LOL.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Love the T, may just use the down payment money and grab some PR seats off ebay or something and a 2nd gen steering wheel and be happy.
My seat is already flattened out. LOL.
lol, I used to visit this site every few months. https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-car-deals#bottomDesc They usually had a large list of cars with a slide show that would tell you what cars had great deals or low rates. It's just a long paragraph right now, if that gives you an idea. I keep looking at the dealership I traded my P4X in to see how much they're going to try to ask for my old truck. I would be surprised if they get the $51k that they paid me for it, but we are living in very strange times.

·
Registered
947 Posts
With Carvana offering what they are I’m super tempted to sell the truck and just pocket the money. I have all the other rides so the truck is just a tow vehicle.

If I sell the toy hauler the truck will probably go. It’ll suck, but also it’ll be nice.

I reached out to someone looking for a Titan to see if they were interested in a 2020 with less than 10K miles. They wanted new, which I can't blame them, but given that some dealerships will facilitate a sale for you for $100 (might have changed now due to Covid), it might be a good idea to find someone to buy it from you at a cheaper price (or a little more than a dealership will pay you for it, as the'll mark it up more than $100).

41 - 60 of 67 Posts