Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
:evillaugh
nissan_rob said:
Well, 95% of people here get an employee discount, and in this area, it is a HUGE lease market! With the employee discount, and the regional programs they have you can get a domestic car substantially cheaper than a Nissan. A CC 4X4 SE Titan would have run me about 460 a month through Nissan with my discount, I got a Ford F-150, made them pay my upfronts, and my insurance start-ups, 24 months, for like 375. Had I done that on a Nissan it would have put me over 500/month. Thats about a 125/month difference, and I will be done with the ford a year and 3 months sooner. It was just somewhere to start establishing credit, so all I wanted was a 24 month lease. I get bored with cars quickly. I'm only 22 and I have had 2 Mustangs, a Probe, Chrysler convertible, Blazer, 2 Hyundai's, a Park Avenue, a Grand Am, and my F-150. I needed a truck, and that was all I could get into really, my other cars were financed through my fathers name, or I paid cash for them. Even though I had good credit, I had no car credit, so Nissan more than likely wouldn't have approved me on a lease anyway. Back to the point tho, from a payment stand point, since 80% of our cars are leased, we can't really compete with the domestics. Even a basic 2.5S Altima starts around 280 unless you get one with the replaced engine, which has an extra 1000 rebate, bring you to around 250ish. I could have gotten a V6 Fusion with leather for that using the discount, and that would only be a 24 month, not a 39. There is a strong appeal to these people to get a new car every 24-27 months.
Not to "dis" you man, but you don't know anything about me. I love cars, it's the whole reason I got into the business. I'm 23, have paid for all my cars myself. Had 2 brand new mustang (under my dads name, but I payed for them), the first a basic 99 LX, the second was well equipped 00 GT Convertible. Then at the ripe young age of 17 I had a kid, split with his mom, and spent about 50 grand in 4 years on lawyers, to get full custody. I had temporary full custody through the courts but that was only instituted after my son's mom had a breakdown. So on top of lawyers, I was solely responsible for daycare, food, diapers, he was on a special formula (don't remember which one), but it was almost twice the price of most. I could not get any state assistance not food stamps, n0 help for daycare, NOTHING. So no, at the time, I wasn't in the most financial well off position, had no credit, and couldn't finance a car. I paid cash for all my cars. I am sorry that making sure that my son had all his perscriptions, food, clothes, necessities, was more important to man than a "nice" ride. I always had reliable transportation, that was all that mattered at the time. Honestly, I'm a Nissan guy, I would rather have the Titan, but at the same time, it wasn't in my budget. I found something that suited my needs, and fit my budget. In the future, unless you have something productive to add, mind you own businees. You don't know me, you don't know anything about me. There are not many guys that at 17 will push a pregnant girlfriend to have the baby, then step p to the plate when need be, and take sole custody. I am not a c0cky person, but this is my circumstance. I have earned everything I have ever had, and I am proud of it. I might not have had all the nicest cars, but I handled mine. How about you take a step back, look at what I have been through, then rethink your comment, remove your foot from your mouth, apologize, then go away... I didn't have credit cards to pay for anything, I worked 100+ hours a week for several years just to get where I am today. I am very insulted by you to trying to pass judgement on me and what my "thing" is.
nissanrob happy b-day it seem like your bday was some time last week cause on 9/25 you're 22 and yesterday 23 years old. :rofl:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
d0va said:
:evillaugh

nissanrob happy b-day it seem like your bday was some time last week cause on 9/25 you're 22 and yesterday 23 years old. :rofl:
Thank you. Actually, it was yesterday, I just rounded when I posted the comment on the 2nd. Technically, I had already reached my birthday, since I was born in Germany, and with the time difference and all.... It was a great birthday tho, went out with a few people from work, had a bunch of random people at the bar buying me drinks, can't beat it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
peterodi said:
Rob Hows It Goin At The Chebby Store? Were Doin Ok Here.
Pete! What's up man? Chevy is not bad, about a billion and a half different trim levels, option packages, and the whole 9 yards. Almost certified tho, not bad for one week in... 1 burning gas, and then I have two that should be going buy the end of the week. One of them is coming all the way out from Port Huron, hitting the Free Press every day helps bring in the traffic. I take more phone ups per day than yall have combined over there. Real nice place too, the john over here is nicer than your showroom! Pretty much all the guys I work with have helped me with processes and what not. Where did you guys end up last month? Anyway, back to the grind, enough screwin around on here...

-Oh yeah, where's my money kid!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts