Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the scrolling function to work when using firefox. It does fine in IE, but not firefox, and I can have an IE page open and a FF page up, so I know it isn't a hardware problem. ANy thoughts?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
what do you mean by "scrolling?" Can you click and drag the right hand up/down bar? Is it your middle mouse wheel that's not working? Do the arrow keys work to go up and down?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
You mean the scroll wheel on your mouse? Have you tried reinstalling the driver?
If he's running anything newer than Windows 3.1 the driver should be built in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you didnt mention it so i will. you have to left click somewhere on the page you're viewing in order to engage the scrolling feature. if you did this then my apologies. If it still doesnt work then the only other thing i can think of is to download the latest driver for your specific mouse for your specific version of windows.

Good luck,

Dom

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Well scrolling works in IE so it's probably not driver specific. Check out the many options in firefox in regards to scrolling. Look for auto-scroll or smooth scrolling, stuff like that. The next option would be to try and update FireFox. If that doesn't work, uninstall it (backup your bookmarks!) and reinstall.

You may want to download Google Chrome just to make sure that scrolling works within that browser too.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
First, make sure caret browsing isn't on with F7.

1. Go to about:config in your address bar.
2. In the "Filter" type mousewheel.withnokey
* mousewheel.withnokey.action should be 0
* mousewheel.withnokey.numlines should be some number greater than 0
* mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines: Toggle this one back and forth and try scrolling in a different tab to see if that helps

Who's the man?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
do you have a theme downloaded for your FF browser? i have a dark theme and my scroll bar is all but invisible, kind of annoying but the mouse scroll wheel is my life saver. if that's the case then try another theme or go back to basics and see if it reappears.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OKAY, let me clarify. No theme downloaded, I am talking about the quick scroll up and down usually achieved with the center scroll wheel on the mouse, not the arrows on the right side. You can also do it with touchpads. I use a microsoft usb mouse (less than 1 year old) when plugged into wall, the touchpad when using the laptop remotely. The scroll wheel function on the mouse now works that I updated FF, but when unplugged and using the drag section on the touchpad, it won't "scroll" like it does with the mouse. So to sum up, all latest updates done, scroll function works in IE with the usb mouse or touchpad (even when the usb mouse is plugged in, I can still use touchpad and all functions work). With FF, scroll function only works with mouse, not touchpad. I checked the values chunko said to, first two matched the requirements, tried toggling, no luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts