Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a banks exhaust and have heard that it is really loud, and that is exactly what i want. but i have also read somewhere that it makes our trucks get worse mpg:ugh: . i want my truck to be real loud but dont want to suffer with worse gas milage at the same time. if this is an issue i might be looking into the jba system even though i REALLY REALLY want the banks because of its sound. and if this is true about the banks...is there anyway to have the banks and get the same/better milage as stock? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There really should not be much of a difference between the JBA and Banks when it comes to MPG. Both "should" technically increase MPG over stock. The problem is when you put on a performance exhaust, your foot seems to get a little heavier. I mean you have a sweet sounding exhaust you have to open it up, right?

·
Super Moderator
161,699 Posts
Ditto the above. You mileage stays the same, your driving habits get worse. :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess with any good air intake and exhaust, you'll expect efficient gas savings. When my truck was all stock, I used the fuel gauge to monitor my gas mileage. For evry 1/4 tank of gas, the mileage would show 60 miles. By 1/2 tank, it would read 120 miles. I then added a CAI and exhaust. My mileage for every 1/4 tank now read 80 miles. By half tank...160 miles. If I drove conservatively...it would read 90 miles for every 1/4 tank. Thats with 22's on! Off course when I have the urge, especially with trutrac, my mileage would drop between 60 to 80 for every 1/4 tank. In my opinion, intake and exhaust helps out alot. I have the Volant intake and Banks exhaust.:cheers:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I would suggest Banks for any Titan owner. Sound great and you get cool stickers. I did notice a MPG increase but, your going to be stepping hard on that peddle after you start it up for the first time. Anyone have the Stillen Power Module. I'm thinking of getting one, because i don't have a laptop for the Up/Rev tune. Wanted to get some feedback before i drop $700. You can see pics of the exhaust installed on my truck in the gallery under my name: gweasel77

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have AEM Intake and Banks exhaust...my gas mileage sucks...13-14. But that's only my fault. It would probably be worse without them, bucause I would still have a heavy foot with Stock...just sounds a lot better now!

:bandit:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts