Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read these boards everyday for bout 2 weeks now. I am looking to trade my 2003 Dodge Quad V6 for a Titan SE KC 4X4. I test drove it and fell in love even before I got behind the wheel. My only concern is gas mileage. Here is southern california we are paying in excess of 2.20 a gallon. Now normally I wouldn't care but seeing how it's only almost march and gas is just going to go higher, I was wondering if anyone can confirm the mpg of the Titan. It seems like most of the posts say it's dead on at 14/18(17). Just wanting to confirm that b4 I got out and pay out the nose for gas this summmer. That's my main concern, the other one , thought, in the grand scheme of things minor, it does bug me and that's the radio reception everyone seems to be talking about. Spending 30K on a truck I would assume the radio works pretty dam good. Any solutions to that so far? Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, LOVE these boards, this board actually only made my decision on getting a titan even easier.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
beallendall said:
So I've read these boards everyday for bout 2 weeks now. I am looking to trade my 2003 Dodge Quad V6 for a Titan SE KC 4X4. I test drove it and fell in love even before I got behind the wheel. My only concern is gas mileage. Here is southern california we are paying in excess of 2.20 a gallon. Now normally I wouldn't care but seeing how it's only almost march and gas is just going to go higher, I was wondering if anyone can confirm the mpg of the Titan. It seems like most of the posts say it's dead on at 14/18(17). Just wanting to confirm that b4 I got out and pay out the nose for gas this summmer. That's my main concern, the other one , thought, in the grand scheme of things minor, it does bug me and that's the radio reception everyone seems to be talking about. Spending 30K on a truck I would assume the radio works pretty dam good. Any solutions to that so far? Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, LOVE these boards, this board actually only made my decision on getting a titan even easier.

LE CC 4x4 Big Tow, Offroad average 15 MPG city/hgwy mixed.

·
Registered
497 Posts
im getting 16 with just 402 miles on it. mostly off road/city driving.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Socal driver here as well paying that $2.19 a gallon right now for 87.

Ours is averaging right at 15.3 right now with almost 5k miles on it.

Lowest was 14 even and highest was 16.8.

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for updates. Dam just posted the question alittle while ago. You guys rock. but why aren't you out driving your titans ? :)

Hopefully should get one in the next week or 2.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Just got out of it driving 212 miles up here to my in-laws from the airport in San Diego...BTW...our milage on our truck has been with 39 days of ownership...we CAN'T stop driving this thing!

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am getting 12-13 mpg on mostly city driving. I am looking forward to summer. $$$

How many of you are reading off your computers? It seems to me LE mpg numbers are higher than mine. I have a CC XE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is with the 14/19 on the sticker? Can we expect to grow into these numbers or do they inflate these to mislead us? I have a light foot and am hoping that I will receive better than what I reading about in the forums?

·
Registered
497 Posts
if you drive with a light foot on the majority, with the truck broken in you should get what they post easily only if your at not to high of a elevation or do alot of mountain driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bighawaii said:
if you drive with a light foot on the majority, with the truck broken in you should get what they post easily only if your at not to high of a elevation or do alot of mountain driving.

I do live in a hilly area. Is 2,500 ft considered high altitude?

·
Registered
497 Posts
the higher your elevation the more your power loss will be and the harder your engine has to work to produce the same hp. search yahoo for elevation or alititude power loss calculator.

·
Registered
230 Posts
beallendall said:
Thanks for updates. Dam just posted the question alittle while ago. You guys rock. but why aren't you out driving your titans ? :)

Hopefully should get one in the next week or 2.
From my experience i've been getting 13-14 MPG consistently (no matter how i drive). I have a 4X4 with Big Tow and expected my MPG to be lower than the 2WD version. Besides a 5200lb machine that still that kinda mileage on regular gas gets a big thumbs up from me.

I still don't think it's bad for what you have...a kick-*** truck with more than enough style, size and power to please the most die-hard truck fan. :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just checked my MPG on my 221 mile trip...got 15.2 MPG @ 73mph avg. on the highway and through the mountains. Best MPG i've gotten yet, and that was making sure i topped it off to completely fill the tank. I'm very happy with that. :teethmast I'm at 2200 miles so far.

·
Registered
250 Posts
chris said:
What is with the 14/19 on the sticker? Can we expect to grow into these numbers or do they inflate these to mislead us? I have a light foot and am hoping that I will receive better than what I reading about in the forums?
You can get the EPA highway rating of 19mpg if you follow the test conditions that are used to generate this number. That means driving at an average speed of 48mph and a maximum speed of 60mph.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts