Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install mud flaps with the Bushwacker flares and the tool box door? How did you do it? I couldn't figure it out and right now the truck is at the shop and they say they can't do it??

·
Registered
855 Posts
i did it, not with the factory mud flaps just some from the local auto parts store. ill take some pictures today and fire them up here tonight!

Reactions: GregK

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that would be great! Especially detail on the toolbox door.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i know bushwacker sells a set for titans with the toolbox door and another for titans without it, are you sure you got the right ones or that the shop got the right ones?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
BW instructions says to remove the mudflaps ... to put the BW flares is ez and Im sure to put them with the mudflaps it would be ez to but your shop probably doesnt want to mess up .

·
Registered
855 Posts
ok, heres what it did. i screwed the flap to the fender flare with 4-6 screws. i had to make that bracket out of plastic and i screwed it to the flare as well then screwed the mud flap to it so the mud flap has some suport. If i screwed the flap to the flare and then to the fender liner of the truck i wouldnt be able to use the utility door for anything. The bracket is just cut from some random plastic i had laying around. It is pretty thick and strong so it doesnt bend and stuff. if you need some more detailed pics just ask!

Attachments

Reactions: GregK

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know bushwacker sells a set for titans with the toolbox door and another for titans without it, are you sure you got the right ones or that the shop got the right ones?
I installed the flares no problem. The issue is getting a mud flap installed on the toolbox door.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, heres what it did. i screwed the flap to the fender flare with 4-6 screws. i had to make that bracket out of plastic and i screwed it to the flare as well then screwed the mud flap to it so the mud flap has some suport. If i screwed the flap to the flare and then to the fender liner of the truck i wouldnt be able to use the utility door for anything. The bracket is just cut from some random plastic i had laying around. It is pretty thick and strong so it doesnt bend and stuff. if you need some more detailed pics just ask!
Thanks! That helps a lot!

That's the way I kind of figured it would have to go. So now I have to figure out why the shop said they can't do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts