Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck just showed me how bad a55 it was on Friday night! I was out wheelin around Middleburg when my buddy asked me if I thought my truck could make it thru this clay pit I had taken earlier last month? The last time we went thru it I barely made it out and it was dry!
Since it had been raining for 3 days in Jax I knew I was in for something a little more challenging but I didnt exspect this!:upsidedow
The road leading up to the pits under the power lines was like a river of chunky 2 foot deep cottage cheese clay, with some really nice whoops.
By the time we reached the hole there was no turning back. :cheers:
Now my little brother came along and he brought a video camera but I didnt know it wasn't digital! He taped it but I'm gonna have to transfer it somehow. back to the story...
Last time I did this hole, the truck dropped but kept moving, tires sounded like paddles hittin the water.
This time it dropped and stopped! The truck hit a fat rut on the front right corner and that headlight went under water! holy crap! what a dumb a5s I am? :hat:
But that wasnt the end of it.. reverse, forward, reverse, forward, I did this FOREVER! so it seemed, the whole time I could hear water sloshing around on the passenger side floor board! my brothers buddy was over there with his feet in the air, he was telling me the water was half way up the door on the outside!
Finally after probably smokin my tranny and diff the beast pulled out of the rut and up onto dry land! when the doors opened it was like a waterfall out the passenger side!:jester:
I immediatly went to the car wash and ruined their vacuum cleaning out all the orange colored water and hosing off the rest of the truck.
All in all it was a good time, i know my truck can do it if it has to but, I dont plan on submerging her again any time soon!
The 5.6 growled like a beast the whole time, I never felt like I didnt have enough power to get out, it was just a question of when the tires were gonna grab!
As soon as I convert the video over to digital I'll post it on here. It was at night so its not alot to see but it sounded awesome.
So the morale of this story is.. check the water depth before you swim!:teeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
jasonmotox said:
By the time we reached the hole I already had a bit of a beer buzz and there was no turning back.

So the morale of this story is....
sounds like a good time but morale should be don't drink 'n off-road ....... at least not to where you get a buzz, I couldn't help not drinking a cold arse beer (or two) when romping in the desert but by no means did I get a buzz........

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SDTitan1 said:
sounds like a good time but morale should be don't drink 'n off-road ....... at least not to where you get a buzz, I couldn't help not drinking a cold arse beer (or two) when romping in the desert but by no means did I get a buzz........
your right, i should have explained better. In conjunction with a couple brews from earlier that day and the great time wheelin' to the pits... i had a great buzz going!:teethmast

1 - 3 of 3 Posts