Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Service Manager told me today that the Titans made before 12/2003 can have mudflaps put on... He said there is a TSB they received to put a screw in the mudflaps to sercure them better...He didn't know all the details he was on the phone with Nissan when he told me.. So mine will be put on the 9th of Apirl along with a few other warranty items that need fixed....They are putting a new weatherstipping seal on passenger side (Service Manager didn't like the way it looked), side box cover was missing so there putting that on, and a new sill cover on passenger side (it has broken tabs so keeps popping up).
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,746 Posts
lizardking said:
Nissan Service Manager told me today that the Titans made before 12/2003 can have mudflaps put on... He said there is a TSB they received to put a screw in the mudflaps to sercure them better...He didn't know all the details he was on the phone with Nissan when he told me.. So mine will be put on the 9th of Apirl along with a few other warranty items that need fixed....They are putting a new weatherstipping seal on passenger side (Service Manager didn't like the way it looked), side box cover was missing so there putting that on, and a new sill cover on passenger side (it has broken tabs so keeps popping up).
Mine is a pre 12/03 production too and I had the weatherstripping seal on the passenger side done as well. I didn't like the way it looked compared to the driver's side and the service manager agreed when I brought it in. Others may want to check their's as this is an area that can be easily overlooked.

37L1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37L1 said:
Mine is a pre 12/03 production too and I had the weatherstripping seal on the passenger side done as well. I didn't like the way it looked compared to the driver's side and the service manager agreed when I brought it in. Others may want to check their's as this is an area that can be easily overlooked.

37L1
What didn't he like about yours? Mine had a place on the bottom of passenger side that was pushed in (creased) so he wanted it replaced.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,746 Posts
lizardking said:
What didn't he like about yours? Mine had a place on the bottom of passenger side that was pushed in (creased) so he wanted it replaced.
The door/roof line seal wasn't on all the way. The center of this seal stuck out like it wasn't glued properly so they replaced the whole thing. I was concerned about premature wear and didn't want water to collect behind it and allow an environment for rust, dirt and mold.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top