Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse me if this is a dumb question - but could somebody tell me the pipe size, in and out, I would need for a new muffler if I wanted to continue with the stock exhaust pipes? I don't have the ching right now for a full cat back system so I thought I'd thrown on a Magnaflow.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I accidently was sold a 3" SISO Offset x 24" (30" Overall) Magnaflow. I'm loving it, Great performer. Mechanic misidentified my needs with a glance at the tailpipe. Best mistake ever! :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roy365 said:
Most mufflers are 2.5" in/out i think. Your local muffler shop can hook that up to your stock piping i'm sure.
The next question - and if it it wasn't 13f out right now I'd crawl under and look for myself - am I going to need to cut and weld the new muffler on?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
anmut said:
The next question - and if it it wasn't 13f out right now I'd crawl under and look for myself - am I going to need to cut and weld the new muffler on?
Yessireee. Cat back systems bolt on from the cat-back. Anything else needs chopped, cut n welded.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
04-06 Titans have an offset in 2.5"/2.5" center out. 07-08 have dual 2" in 2.5" center out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rhino404 said:
08's are 2" inlets and 2.5" outlet. Regardless, a quality muffler shop will hook you up...
i thought mine was 2.25" dual inlets and 2.5" outlet

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
rabbim said:
i thought mine was 2.25" dual inlets and 2.5" outlet
Yes, the 2.25 dual in welded install is what everyone is using. The extra .25" allows for easier pipe alignment due to the angle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 04 is 2 5/8 in and 3 out. I went with the bigger 3 magnaflow. They also went 3 inch pipe from the cat to the new muff. Everyone is always giving the mag # with 2.5 pipe. My muffler guy said go bigger not smaller. Made sense to me and it sounds great. Haven't done a CAI yet was trying to find out if anyone like the STILLEN. Not sure what to do. I know I made the right choice on exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts