Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 Titan SE and my stock muffler is a dual inlet, single outlet muffler. When searching for an aftermarket muffler do I have to find one that is also dual in, single out, or can I get any configuration I want and then have a muffler shop modify the exhaust to fit the new muffler? I would love to know what muffler other's have gone with so I can start looking for 1 to go on my truck. What are some popular choices for a muffler swap? Thanks.

·
Registered
686 Posts
With a pipe bender and welder a muffler shop can make just about anything fit. There are lots of companies that make what is called "Cat-Back" systems which are complete exhaust systems that bolt right in and go from the catalytic converter all the way to the tail pipe. Depends on your budget really, but if all your looking for is a simple muffler replacement then just take it to the muffler shop, I'm sure they have something in stock that will go in.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have a 08 Titan SE and my stock muffler is a dual inlet, single outlet muffler. When searching for an aftermarket muffler do I have to find one that is also dual in, single out, or can I get any configuration I want and then have a muffler shop modify the exhaust to fit the new muffler? I would love to know what muffler other's have gone with so I can start looking for 1 to go on my truck. What are some popular choices for a muffler swap? Thanks.
For 07 Titans and up the stock exhaust is actually pretty good and all you need is a muffler swap to free up some horsepower. One of the more popular choices is a Magnaflow muffler in either the 18" or 22" size dual in single out. The 18" is louder, but some have CIS noise from it. The 22" is a little more tame and there are less reports of CIS noise.

I bought an 07 exhaust and put a 22" Magnaflow muffler on my 06 and IMO it sounds exactly how I wanted it to. Its a littler louder than stock, (and not annoying loud), not a lot of drone, and gives the Titan a deeper sound. I get a little CIS when the exhaust is still cold and I get on it a little bit (3K rpm or so), but once it is warmed up its all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts