Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 4x2 crew cab SV. Truck is stock. Looking at swapping the exhaust. Not sure if I want full cat back or just a muffler swap. Not planning on any other mods any time soon. I would like for the exhaust to be louder compared to stock. Any suggestions? I was originally thinking Metal Mulisha, I think it may just be way to loud though. I don't want to deal with drone or CIS if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Just get a Borla 40944. Most popular muffler on this site. Plus it's a lot cheaper than a full cat back.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
40944 will not just swap he will need the 40670 PROXS dual in single out and have it welded up. No drone or CIS with the stock manifolds in place.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
40944 will not just swap he will need the 40670 PROXS dual in single out and have it welded up. No drone or CIS with the stock manifolds in place.
Hey Nightowl, I was thinking of replacing my Dynomax Race Bullet with the Borla or Black Widow. Any thoughts on which is better? I'm looking for something with less CIS and drone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a scale of 1 to 10 how loud is that compared to stock? Will it get a little louder if I add your cat less b pipes? Also, if I add the best pipes will it throw a cel?

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 10 how loud is that compared to stock? Will it get a little louder if I add your cat less b pipes? Also, if I add the best pipes will it throw a cel?
No cel with catless bpipes as the ECU only monitors the manifold cats. It will get a little deeper but not too loud. The muffler alone will be slightly louder but not much as the stock cats kill it.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Hey Nightowl, I was thinking of replacing my Dynomax Race Bullet with the Borla or Black Widow. Any thoughts on which is better? I'm looking for something with less CIS and drone?
IMO stay away from the BW as they are cracking and loaded with CIS/rasp. I have got several calls with guys with headers complaining about the rasp/CIS with the BW. The Borla is and always has been the best muffler for guys who want deep and clean sound on any car/truck. Drone plagues all the mufflers with headers which is why the Ultraquiet is needed and recommended over any resonator. BW claims no drone but have not tested one on my Titan to see. JBA muffler is a darn good one also which I can get separate from buying the whole JBA catback.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Get the Catless Cajun Bpipes and the JBA exhaust, IMO can't go wrong!

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I didn't notice any CIS and very little drone without the bpipes.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I have sound clips of the JBA and Borla on my website. The JBA catback is very tame with stock manifolds, no drone or Cis. The JBA 40-1400 is $455 shipped from Cajun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts