Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.. i know this is a common question i just have brief intervals of net access since im in iraq at the moment! anyway.. my 05 offrd is ready for its first "performance" upgrade.. all i want is a muffler swap, for financial reasons its all i can do right now.. tmy 1 year old is int he truck alot so obnoxious loud is ouot, i just want a little different sound, toned ya know.. i know it wont help gas or power much, i may get the volant intake aswell dpeending on $... what muffler would you suggest? i need all info cuase im gonna order it offline somewhere and mail it to the wife so a buddy can install it for me..thanks alot for the help everyone

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
fearfact said:
hi guys.. i know this is a common question i just have brief intervals of net access since im in iraq at the moment! anyway.. my 05 offrd is ready for its first "performance" upgrade.. all i want is a muffler swap, for financial reasons its all i can do right now.. tmy 1 year old is int he truck alot so obnoxious loud is ouot, i just want a little different sound, toned ya know.. i know it wont help gas or power much, i may get the volant intake aswell dpeending on $... what muffler would you suggest? i need all info cuase im gonna order it offline somewhere and mail it to the wife so a buddy can install it for me..thanks alot for the help everyone
I love my magnaflow, and by the way THANK YOU!!! Stay safe!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Thanks for serving our country, and be safe!!

If you want a little more tone, you can go with Magnaflow 18", or 22" *22 isnt that much louder than stock*. That will yeild you better performance.

People have also gotten the flow masters, but those are mainly for sound, not performance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Most people on here seem to like the magnaflow part #12256. I just ordered mine from http://www.performancepeddler.com/ for $63.00 shipping included. This muffler will fit in derectly in place of the stock muffler. Also if you are looking into a CAI you may want to consider the AEM Brute Force. Once again the opinion from guys on here is that the Magnaflow and AEM make a good combination. Check out http://www.stillen.com/ for the CAI, I think they sell it for around $280.00. I feel your pain being in Iraq, I,ve done one tour in Iraq and three in Afghanistan. Stay safe and get home soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First things first. Thanks to all of our guys and gals that are serving our country. The war is not the most popular thing but when I see the faces of the people that you are protecting it speaks volumes. Back to fun. I have an 04 with a leveling kit, not much cost makes it look bad ***. I have gone back and forth on doing a CAI. I did do the air box mod with a red hot kitchen knife. Cut it a little section to short but just welded the plastic back with the knife. It sounds really nice and adds a little kick (butt dyno). As for exhaust I have heard the magnaflow muffler and it sounded real nice and they guy told he got a mile or two per gallon more. Only problem with that is I know since the air mod my right foot is getting a little happy and sure that an exhaust will have the same effect. For those of us with familys and kids we got to the most we can with as little $$ possible. The next I might look into is the Tb coolant bypass. I saw one on Ebay for cheap. Any how keep your head down and get back to your pretty little lady soon oh yeah I guess back to the wife also. LOL Take care.:banasex0r

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
stalvo said:
Most people on here seem to like the magnaflow part #12256.

Will the above part fit an 07 Crew Cab?

Stalvey
No, the 07-08 has a 2" dual in/ 2.5" single out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 08 crew cab and want to replace just the muffler with the magnaflow. I understand that I have a dual 2" in and a single 2.5" out. My question is what size and does magnaflow even make one like part#12256. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Magnaflow:cheers: Just want to say thanks to all of you that recommended Magnaflow. Just got the 12256 installed today and it is awsome. Just a mellow growl at normal throttle and a hellacious growl at full throttle. I like this much better than any Flowmaster I've ever had.

·
Registered
136 Posts
TitanLou said:
Magnaflow:cheers: Just want to say thanks to all of you that recommended Magnaflow. Just got the 12256 installed today and it is awsome. Just a mellow growl at normal throttle and a hellacious growl at full throttle. I like this much better than any Flowmaster I've ever had.
you just swapped the muffler? Is it quite a bit louder than stock?

btw, fearfact...thank you sir for your service :gunz:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes I just replaced the muffler. Normal driving there is a slight difference (it just has a deeper growl). You can really tell the difference when you get on it. For $108.00 ($63.00 for the muffler and $45.00 to get it welded on) you cant beat it. I ordered it from http://www.performancepeddler.com/ and it arrived in one week.

·
Registered
136 Posts
sweet dude, thanks, I preciate it ;)

any difference in power that you could notice? It's kind of a goofy question I know, because I've put exhaust on every car/truck I've owned since I'z 16, but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Only had it on for 3 days so all I can tell from the butt dyno is maybe a little. I guess that it takes ablout 300-500 miles for the ECU to reset so maybe after a little driving it will kick in. As far as gas mileage I'm sure that will go down because I seem to want to get on it a little more now that it has some sound to it. I will be towing the TT on about a 250 mile round trip the end of Sept so thats were the real test will be. I really don't know if there will be any performance increase, but it was worth $108 just for the sound it makes now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear ya. 80% of my Titan's life is pulling my work trailer. I'm not too concerned about the gas mileage really, I didn't buy it for that :futwice:

I have almost 30K miles on my poor Titan and haven't even rewarded it with some exhaust... I gotta start treating her better.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Many have dyno'd just the muffler swap and it is definitely an upgrade.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well, here's my dilema...

my company hit it's goal this month and my wife wants me to reward myself with somthing like this. However, I'm pretty much a tight wad and don't like spending money, however...I drive a freakin badazz Titan. Do I go with just the muffler swap out for $100 or so, or just have the local muffler dude do from the cat-back for around $250. I know he'll want to put 3" pipe back because that's what I've done on almost everything else, but from reading on here, the Titan really doesn't like that. I don't want to loose any torque because I'm always pulling a load.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
i'm new to this site, but am liking the info yall give. i have an 07 titan se 4X4. i put dual 40 series flowmasters and hate the sound. it has a high pitched popping sound when i get on it. i want a deep loud rumble....would i be happier with the Magnaflow that is 2" dual inlet and 2.5" single out? or what is yalls opinion on what i need. any info would be appreciated....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Magna flow or JBA cat back seems to be what most like on here. Magnflow sounds bad azz.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts