Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to this site and just recently bought a 04 Nissan Titan SE. I’m looking at a megnaflow muffler to add on to my exhaust what one would y’all suggest I go with. I’m looking for a nice deep sound. I’m not to familiar with this truck and what kinda muffler I would need for that to happen. So please help a Titan brother out.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Borla sportsman or or xr-1 I recently went to a Borla Turbo XL #400436 it's the same as the XR-1 but 24" long. I put it on as I am getting 04 ready for road trips. 20191219_083306.jpg 20191219_082544.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply back. Did you need to do any adjustments on your exhaust to add the straight borla muffler ? It’s a bolt on ? And when you changed it the first time was your old muffler a centre in and a right out ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Big warning here: The Titan gets rowdy when you do ANYTHING to the exhaust.
The firing order of our V8 is weird and creates a unique, and IMO harsh sound. The Magnaflow muffler is not a good choice according to many.

Be careful to not uncork too much or you may regret it. I have a JBA cat-back and had to add 2 UQ resonators to get the noise down to an acceptable level. With 1 muffler and 2 resonators my truck is still 2x louder than it was stock with 1 muffler.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts

·
Registered
2004 King Cab Off-Road.
33 Posts
Magnaflow 1126 Its a Muffler back swap, not cat back. Nice sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello peeps I have one question. My muffler I have on my truck right now is bolted on. Can I buy any muffler and just replace the old
One ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts