Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to change the suject away from Titans,but having a problem with the door to put gas in our Murano. It doesn't always open. Twice in a week I've pulled into the gas station and tried to gas up . It's kinda embaressing when a woman in a Dodge is going to come over and tell me what I'm doing wrong. :huh: Drove to dealer and the one and only Murano they had on the lot wouldn't open either. Wondering if anyone out there has had the same problems? Sure glad I can pull the door open on my Titan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
tsopps said:
Not to change the suject away from Titans,but having a problem with the door to put gas in our Murano. It doesn't always open. Twice in a week I've pulled into the gas station and tried to gas up . It's kinda embaressing when a woman in a Dodge is going to come over and tell me what I'm doing wrong. :huh: Drove to dealer and the one and only Murano they had on the lot wouldn't open either. Wondering if anyone out there has had the same problems? Sure glad I can pull the door open on my Titan!
A guy I work with has an '03 and it does the EXACT same thing. He complains about it all the time and has had it "fixed" once, but needs to take it back to the dealer again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevnmd said:
A guy I work with has an '03 and it does the EXACT same thing. He complains about it all the time and has had it "fixed" once, but needs to take it back to the dealer again...
Tell your friend the guy in service figured it out. If I had taken time to read the manual it tells you to make sure you unlock it with your key remote. When your doors are locked so is the gas door. Which really was a smart idea,nobody can steal your gas. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
You should probably have the dealer replace the solenoid for the gas lid. I've seen it happen before, and the door wouldn't open at all. There is no easy access "emergency release" for the lid. You have to actually open the left inside panel and reach in to release the gas cap.

It is true that the doors need to be completely unlocked or it won't open -- but that's probably not the case.

It should be under warranty. I'd get it fixed soon before you're at a gas station running on fumes with no way to add more.

I hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
endurancev8 said:
You should probably have the dealer replace the solenoid for the gas lid. I've seen it happen before, and the door wouldn't open at all. There is no easy access "emergency release" for the lid. You have to actually open the left inside panel and reach in to release the gas cap.

It is true that the doors need to be completely unlocked or it won't open -- but that's probably not the case.

It should be under warranty. I'd get it fixed soon before you're at a gas station running on fumes with no way to add more.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for your input! I'll keep it in mind ,but so far making sure the doors are unlocked has been working.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top