Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After making my illuminated Cummins badge with the black border, getting my hood wrapped in 3M carbon fiber and my head/tail lights wrapped a while back it was time to murder out everything!

Over two days (fighting the damned rain) I managed to get a decent amount done.

Modified the 2020 tailgate finisher to fit on my 2016 P4X. Removed the Pro-4X badge on the tailgate with fishing line (since the finisher has Pro-4X embossed on it) and painted the Nissan and Titan XD badges - an old credit card worked wonders in removing the double sided tape from the car after pulling the badges.

After removing all the mounting hardware and white tabs, I clipped off three plastic pins and used 3M 30 lb. double sided tape to fix it in place.

FYI: Diesel Kleen worked great to remove the sticky residue from the double sided tape. It also works great for removing over spray (yes, it happened even with using a healthy amount of painters tape). Yes it's safe to use, it won't mess up your paint.

Then I taped up and hit the Titan XD badges on both doors. Taping them up was extremely tedious work.

After that was done, I popped off my grill, taped that up and painted that as well. I'd highly suggest against painting it while it's still on your truck.

I used Rust-Oleum Primer+Paint combo, painters tape and course sandpaper to scuff for better adhesion.

After that was all finished I popped in all LED bulbs into my tail lights and screwed down the 5 ohm resistors to stop the hyper-blinking on the turning signals. The wires didn't end up that messy, it was a work in progress picture.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I also installed red LED strips in the recess of the tail light housing with some 3M 30 lb. double sided tape and wired them into the turning/running lights for a nice accent.

I did also use the remaining paint for the exhaust tip but forgot to grab a picture of that. I'll grab one later on and post it up.

REMAINING WORK:
  • Fog light frames
  • Paint/mount Lund textured fender flares (I just received my Harpy's matched color code KAD spray paint - first set got lost in transit).
  • Sand/refinish Westin Thrashers with some Rust-Oleum black bed liner.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,427 Posts
What does it mean to be murdered out?
A Murdered Out car or truck is one that is all black or “blacked out” as far as the exterior paint, windows tint (usually 20% or less), wheels, logo/emblems and sometimes other components of the vehicle such as the chrome accents and taillights.

When are you going to paint it? :LOL:

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
319 Posts
I did the Stormtrooper look on my F150. White truck with all black accents. I even made custom black and white Ford logo center caps for the wheels. Not a speck of chrome was left on that truck.

My Titan is also white, but I'm adding chrome instead of deleting it. Diff'rent strokes and all that.

With all the black and yellow, I'd call yours more of a Killer Bee look than a murdered out truck. It'd be cool to see you replace the Pro4X decals with something all black and yellow. Keep posting pics as your truck evolves. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts