Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey TT!

Chas from Total Auto Performance here. As TAP is the source for Titan offroad suspension, engine performance and accessories, we wanted to get an idea of where we should be concentrating as far as new product development.

What is currently your favorite modification you have done to your Titan. It can be performance or visual or sound - anything!

Give me a few reasons why you like it. ex Did you add a programmer - what kind of performance figures or MPG are you seeing now?

We work very closely with manufacturers and have some ideas for new parts, we are trying to get a feel on the market, and no where better then here on TitanTalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Dirt King Fabrication mid travel kit;) rides waaaaaay better than stock and can handle anything i throw at it....or throw the Truck at;)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
A tuner to remove the WOT and all around better performance. I don't have any numbers and never been to a track but if "feels" much faster with the tune. I leave the truck in the driveway when I want to save MPG.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
My suspension - new shocks and springs and AAL's w/ PRG UCA's made a WORLD of difference on my truck ride quality...

I still havent done Trutrac but if I did - that would supercede..

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Favorite Mod is my RetraxPRO Tonneau Cover. Absolutely love it. It's extremely sturdy and rolls perfectly.

I have a Hypertech Tuner, but have yet to put it on my new 2012 T. After installing it on my 2010 T my MPGs went up by 1/2 to 1 MPG and the response was better off the line.

I ran the Bully Dog GT for 1 year, but didn't get the same mileage out of it as I did with the Hypertech.

The coolest mod I've ever installed are the AMP Research Powersteps. While they are extremely expensive, every time they extend out, I say, "Cool."

2010 I did the Badgeless grill mod. I wasn't wild about cutting up my plastic grill, but the results were awesome for a cheap price.

SD_Titan modded my headlights on my 2010 T. They turned out perfect. Color matched to my truck made the truck look perfect.

Finally, the old T had the Air Lift Air Bags installed which smoothed out the ride and made towing a pleasure.

After seeing the the Nexus 7 In-Dash Install, I'll definitely be doing this at some point in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Gauge options. That stupid yellow ring is killing me. There is only a couple of options. The older models done need to worry about it but those with newer T's that are changing the light colors find it annoying, at least I do lol. I would definitely add lift kits, sway bars, shocks, and exhaust systems to your list

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
A tuner to remove the WOT and all around better performance. I don't have any numbers and never been to a track but if "feels" much faster with the tune. I leave the truck in the driveway when I want to save MPG.
Ditto! Bully Dog GT. Plus the two degree timing advance. Truck is totally more responsive and just feels fast.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Retro fitted TSX lens into factory headlight housings...makes the HID much better and doesn't blind people.

·
Super Moderator
160,712 Posts
I'd say I have three: Best bang for the buck is a tie with my PRG mini lift (makes the truck look and sit more like a truck) and my BD programmer (gets rid of that godawful WOT restriction). Non-performance oriented favorite mod is the Volant style LED taillights. That style has been made available through 3 different sources over the years, and now they've disappeared from the market.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'd say I have three: Best bang for the buck is a tie with my PRG mini lift (makes the truck look and sit more like a truck.
can you post a link? I tried searching, but search on the app sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Super Moderator
160,712 Posts
A link to the mini lift? This is the one I put on my '06 2WD. PRG Products

·
Registered
798 Posts
A link to the mini lift? This is the one I put on my '06 2WD. PRG Products
Ahh thanks. Didn't know the "mini lift" was the same as a leveling kit. Haha

Thought I was missing out on something!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Super Moderator
160,712 Posts
Level kit is usually referring to just the front spacers. Greg called them a "mini lift" because it also included rear blocks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts