Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully you guys don't get tired of my kill stories knowing its not a Titan, but I still like it here lol. I was driving down a 2 lane, doing probably 7 over, and this orange Mustang GT passes me. He didn't rev or even look over, so I didn't do anything either. About 3 miles up the road, he's at a light, that turns right onto a 3 lane. I of course get into the lane next to him. So, light goes green, I get out an turn pretty quick at about 1/2 throttle...I din't hear anything so I figured he didn't want to run. I let off and look into my rearview, as I did this, he flies past me in the far right lane already "on it". So I punch it, he gets to where his back bumper is about 3' in front of my front bumper, then I stopped his pull, and started pulling up on him. Got my front bumper about 1 or 2 feet in front of his and we shut it down at about 80. He had his GF with him and we where going to the same place. I wanted to say nice run and nice car, but he wouldn't look me in the face, even though I parked right next to him

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hahahah sore looser is all that was. Good kill...(I know a 6.0 gto will hit 12s all stock besides wider tires lol)

Reactions: O-FiveCC

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She was the only one to actually look at me;)....Took it for another spin, man, I almost got sideways on the 1-2 shift. This thing really likes to slid out in the back on the 1-2 shift. Even though I have an auto, that shift is insane. When its warm out an it hooks on the shift, it actually pulls you back in the seat while shifting lol

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
yeah i bet! i took an o6 c6 out the other day from enterprise that a friend had rented. i couldn't believe how hard the 4 a/t hit 2nd gear. very impressive

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
good question im thinking 6.0...thing hauled it felt like a high 12 thats for sure..

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if it was a 6.0 (up to 2008 I believe), then its good for mid to low 12's...if it was a 6.2, then, well, you'd know if it was a 6.2 lol...low 12's. I haven't looked, but maybe high 11's for those...I'm guessing 6.0 by your description of the a4...the newer ones probably have an a6 or something.....Unless you took it up past 100, what you drove is basically how my car feels....except those Vette's have much better tires

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I smoked a lifted f150 with 4 guys inside tonight in the gto lmfao... ok your kill was better
My 2.5 yr old smoked an F150 on his power wheel the other day and he was on the sidewalk:teethmast

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
nice kill steve!!! aand deer what was the da when your son killed the 150 in the power wheel...lol....i have beat tons of sports cars in the gto and havnt posted it..lol she beats a lifted 150 and posted a kill..ahahaha

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well if it was a 6.0 (up to 2008 I believe), then its good for mid to low 12's...if it was a 6.2, then, well, you'd know if it was a 6.2 lol...low 12's. I haven't looked, but maybe high 11's for those...I'm guessing 6.0 by your description of the a4...the newer ones probably have an a6 or something.....Unless you took it up past 100, what you drove is basically how my car feels....except those Vette's have much better tires
Nice kill O-Five! Have you tried running one of the new 5.0 Mustangs yet? How about the new Camaro SS? Man, I'm starting to see those Camaros around town like how I saw the old Iroc's back in the mid 80's. It's like GM is giving them away or something. lol!

I think the 6.0L was good for mid to high 12's and the newer 438hp 6.2's good for low to mid 12's. The 505hp Z06 would be the one good for 11's.

The 6.2L Vette definitely has the A6 with paddle shift, but I'm not sure when they converted over. Probably when they did the switch from the 6.0L to the 6.2..

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Makes sense on the mid to high 12's. I just looked a few up, your right, the 6.0 is mostly mid 12's (some low in good DA). At around 110-111, and the 6.2 was good for low 12's with 114-ish traps.
I have not ran into a new SS or a 5.0 yet. There was a guy on FB I was talking too about 6 months ago. He's and ex's brother. He got a 5.0 and I told him when I got my car I would run him...I just haven't been too eager on getting killed yet lol

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Why you gotta be picking on a'lil old 300hp 3v? Go find a coyote to chase. Or even better, find a 3v with a KB or Whipple stuck on it. That's kinda mean imo, to be picking on a car that you KNOW is gonna be slower than you 95% of the time. That's like racing a modded civic or something. Most are slow and a few are damn fast.

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good kill. The stock to mildy modded 3v's are faily slow IMO. Mine ran a 13.47 stock now mildly modded runs 12.98-13.10 passes on a good night. What kills my car is the crappy 3.31's that ford put in the auto's. Its just begging for 4.10's. It will get it, just maybe this fall though. The wife & I are in the process of buying a home right now but this fall once we are all good & comfy in the house the modding on the car will pick back up w/ a set of 4.10's, cams, 3400 tc, a 125 shot & maybe a set of racestars w/ track tires.

To be honest & I'm not that impressed w/ the car in its mildly modded form but I think I keep forgetting that it only puts out 300 to the wheels, Still wish I would have gotten a 5.0, those cars are a whole different animal from the 3v's

1 - 20 of 105 Posts