Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been working on a 1966 mustang for awhile and thought you guys might like to see the progress. I recently just pulled the engine and tranny out of it. It has a 289 v8 with a edelbrock 4 barrel carb, new high performance spark plug wires. It will have a new edelbrock cam, edelbrock performer rpm intake, new headers, spark plugs, and all new gaskets, cylinders bored and completely painted. the car is currently gutted with nothing in it at all and about to go off to get minor body work and painted. Its a fun project and cannot wait for it to have new paint and to be able to put it all back together:teethmast

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
more pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more more more

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either a candy red or black I have been told that the black is more expensive due to a longer prep time but either would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I think your right, either would be awesome! I would love to do a paint job to the truck, but that's just something I don't need to spend the money on right now. I would love to get it blasted with a red tint coat and then re-cleared. What kind of horsepower are you expecting out of that thing?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yeah i know what you mean scratches annoy the crap out of me...but the guy who is doing my engine said he could probably get around 300 hp out of it and with an all new exhaust system off the new headers will make it sound great!

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
I need to find a body shop local to take care of mine. 300 sounds like a pretty reasonable number, those cars can't weigh that much so the butt dyno should surely be able to notice.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah a buddy told me about a shop down here that does paint and body for a really good price and very good quality. And the car is not very big at all it drove well before but definitely needed to be freshened up and will really be able to cruise when it's done!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks like your going the resto-mod route. I love it. The big brakes look killer. Classic good looks with some modern performance. I would like to do something like this with a fuel injuected 5.0. Should be a sweet ride when your done, keep us posted.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like your going the resto-mod route. I love it. The big brakes look killer. Classic good looks with some modern performance. I would like to do something like this with a fuel injuected 5.0. Should be a sweet ride when your done, keep us posted.
You got it! Definitely trying to keep some old school styling with new performance upgrades, it's a fun project and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes to work on cars I say go for it! And will definitely keep everyone updated!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Very nice! Me and a buddy of mine are rebuilding a 1970 mustang right now, its just been put on the back burner with both of us trying to finish up some stuff on our trucks. I love the restoration with some modern performance twist. Looks great make sure to keep us posted.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Very nice project. I have a 65 that has been completely mechanically updated. coilover front end, 5 link rear, full discs, 450hp 302 cobra motor. thing will corner with a corvette, 3" exhaust from the headers back. next is body work. body is exceptionally straight, going to add some of the "Eleanor" body pieces and the custom paint. Have fun with your project.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice project. I have a 65 that has been completely mechanically updated. coilover front end, 5 link rear, full discs, 450hp 302 cobra motor. thing will corner with a corvette, 3" exhaust from the headers back. next is body work. body is exceptionally straight, going to add some of the "Eleanor" body pieces and the custom paint. Have fun with your project.
Sweeeeet! I bet that think just purrs and once you put the Eleanor parts on it it'll look even better! Eleanor is one of my all time favorite cars. I just re did the whole front suspension as well it definitely needed an update. I have replaced the front shocks to and have the rears ready to install just need to find time to do it lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice! Me and a buddy of mine are rebuilding a 1970 mustang right now, its just been put on the back burner with both of us trying to finish up some stuff on our trucks. I love the restoration with some modern performance twist. Looks great make sure to keep us posted.
Sounds great what kind of mustang is it? And same here I just can't wait to have it all finished hopefully pretty soon!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
just so you are aware..

Red is the most expensive pigment so the paint will cost more. Candy red will probably cancel out the extra cost of body work involved for black lol

Cool car! Im trying to get money together to work on my 62 Cadillac.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just so you are aware..

Red is the most expensive pigment so the paint will cost more. Candy red will probably cancel out the extra cost of body work involved for black lol

Cool car! Im trying to get money together to work on my 62 Cadillac.
I did not know that actually thanks for the info lol once I find a trailer to rent I'm taking it to the body shop to get quotes on different colors and what not and will let everyone know what the options are. Will probably happen mid next week

·
Registered
364 Posts
for the 65 I am wanting to do a charcoal with some sort of stripe setup, weather its traditional racing or hood center down the fenders and along the side im not sure. What I want to do is, carbon fiber vinyl for the stripes and the clear over everything if possible

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Possibilities are endless makes it hard to make a decision lol but I really like the charcoal with black racing stripes I think that's a good combo but that's just my opinion let us know what you end up deciding! Plus pics!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally got the engine bay all finished up! After many hours of grinding, sanding, prep and then painting it is finally done!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts