Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1285 Posts

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the official MVP Titan Discussion thread. A place to get to know each other a little more. A place we can just ask questions without starting new threads over and over for simply things or just to chat.

Enjoy..

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start off with by saying that last night while driving behind my wifes Murano she called me to let me know my passenger side low been light was out (Sylvania Ultra), it lasted two years. Was thinking of just replacing the one but the driver side is probably not too far behind it in going out as well. So, I'm now thinking of HIDs, not sure if I should get 5k or 6k from HIDeXtra.com. Nether the less, I'm will be ordering tomorrow. for 15 extra bucks its worth it as I'm not able to locate 9006su-2 locally.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got the 5000K during their black Friday sale and already love them. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. That and the install was easy. The only hard part was trying to decide were to mount the ballast.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I guess you got your answer. Great idea, simple too. Why didn't I think of this! :)

I need a new Water Pump, might get it from Summit Racing, that'll give me an excuse to include some Prothane Sway Bar Bushings, since no additional handling fee for a $15 item. I'll install between Christmas and New Years, while on vacation. Hoping for a Mini Meet for Breakfast that week too.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the 5000K during their black Friday sale and already love them. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. That and the install was easy. The only hard part was trying to decide were to mount the ballast.

The lows/highs/driving lamps are going for 59.00 each right now. I'm going to do at least the Lows and Driving lamps to start but debating on the Highs right now.

Are the highs really worth it at this time?
I just want to stay away from the blue tint color and hitting the 6k mark might push me into the blue area just a tad.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I keep Silver stars in my hi beams, if you flash someone they come right on, the HIDs need time to warm up. I'm using 5000s from Armaden, switched from the Silverstars in my low beams.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have the 6k's in mine and wish I would have went with the 5k's. They are a little too blue for my taste and I'm looking for a brighter white color. When I do replace them I'm going to go with a set of 55W 6k'swhich I have heard are ridiculous bright and the extra wattage washes out some of the color so the 6k's in a 55W will look like a 35W 5k. I am also going to do my hella 500's and my Hi's in HID also. I have heard people say not to do the high's if you have to turn them on/off frequently as it's hard on the ballast and bulb to have to keep re-igniting but where I live and drive my Highs stay on for awhile mostof the time. Regular highs look dull and yellowish when you have HID's too. They still go out a lot further and help but they just look really dim.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered the lows and driving lights 5k HIDs with the wiring harnesses from HIDeXtra.com. Should be here by end of the week. Now, just have to install them this Sat while its in the mid 40s. Or find someone with a garage that I can park my T all the way in and shut the garage door.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got the 35W 6K HID's from DDM and they are a touch too blue. They totally wash out the high beams, I haven't used mine since I installed the HID's last spring. My only issue is that they tend to blast people in their side view mirrors which results in a lot of people telling me I'm #1 the not so friendly way. I cranked my headlights down but they still get people, they're just that much brighter. Overall I'm happy with them and I'm sure you'll love them!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I got the 35W 6K HID's from DDM and they are a touch too blue. They totally wash out the high beams, I haven't used mine since I installed the HID's last spring. My only issue is that they tend to blast people in their side view mirrors which results in a lot of people telling me I'm #1 the not so friendly way. I cranked my headlights down but they still get people, they're just that much brighter. Overall I'm happy with them and I'm sure you'll love them!
so mike, did you make it back to RC yet?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HIDs are in. That was fast delivery from HIDeXtra.com
I picked up the relay wiring harnesses for them as well.
Soon as it warms up to the low 40s by Sat I will put them. Or how long I can tolerate being outside tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
My son-in-law was driving behind me the other day and noticed a row of my led brake lites were out. Like Jason I will wait until Sat. for the warmer tem. to see whats wrong.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
HIDs are in!!!! Man, was some cool air today into the evening hours but it was so worth it. They are crazy white bright. Almost as white as my Lightforce HIDs, obviously they dont go as far.

I installed the relay wire harnesses as well. The harnesses could be a tad longer, by 6"-12" inches. As is, its tight at the battery. This Saturday I will extend the fuse holder up to the battery so I can neatly place the wires.

I stacked them and added some PVC piping installation to help cushion so of the vibrations. I know, I forgot to take off the blue wrapping.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how's everyone doing with their RC repairs?

Mine are all fixed, Squeaks and all :)

Man, I just got some good news. Recommended a buddy of mine and he is being made an offer tomorrow. Very nice referral coming my way. If its what I think it is the, Radflows, Nitto, here I come.

Man, end the years is treating us well.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I'm liking this thread, in more ways than one! ;)

·
Registered
6,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Can handle 1 to 2, can do without the 34 like last year.

1 - 20 of 1285 Posts