Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I begin I'd like to thank Jeff at Cajun for my B-pipes and Joe from UpRev for my tuning...you guys are first class peeps!
I can't believe the difference the exhaust has made on my truck. I set out to fix the cracked passenger manifold and got so much more from the parts than expected.

Now, a friend of mine purchased a 2015 aluminum F-150 5.0 last fall. Every time I hang out with him, which is often, i get to hear how great his truck is and how fast it is. It has gone 14.38 before a S&B CAI and tune. This is starting to drive me nuts.
So i have decided to try, and I do mean try, to play along.

I would like to go to the track with him and either outrun him or hang right with him.

If you read my signature you can see the mods I have. I am currently working on the TransGo shift kit install using the (SMOKEDYA2) thread and also the E-locker mod from (Austin) which i could use help with.
I am also acquiring some 29" tall tires like (the head) recommened in the Drag racing how to hints and tricks thread and waiting to get the RC traction bars in the mail to install.

Is this a realistic goal for me? Is a 2007-up intake manifold needed?

Attachments

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks GalaxyPro4X11

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
No problem, It's a good start anyway

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I would start to strip it down and save weight. Weight = HP. Flat out. So remove the steps, remove the spare tire, the hitch, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My plans are to pull the back seat, spare tire, jack, hitch, tailgate, fold the mirrors and run 1/4 tank of gas.
Install the RC traction bars when I get them this week.
Install the TransGo shift kit next week...I have the whole week off work.
Get the TB bypass completed and work on the E locker mod next week.

What brand and size tires are recommended to get to the 29"
I want them to hook really well

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Your 4x4 man don't waste your money. The 4x4 guys with the quickest times are launching in 4hi

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I may be wrong also but the guys running the 29" drag radials are running the 2.94 gearing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wont the truck be quicker in 2WD?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
It hooks so good an I don't think it's a big enough difference. Just know all the fastest 4x4's run in 4hi like I said, you would have to run like a 33 tall drag radial or you would be hitting 4th gear well before crossing the line. You want to hold third

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
With a 29" tire you would be somewhere around 3:73+ for a final ratio or something around there I think.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
GalaxyPro is right, you will be launching in 4hi, just DONT turn on the pavement with it in 4hi. As soon as the race is over, shift back into 2hi.

It wont make the truck slower, because even in 2wd, everything is still spinning, the front driveline, the internals in the front diff, and the front half shafts are spinning. Difference is now the motor is forcing them to spin, rather than spinning because of force from the tires.

And if you have 3.36's, you want a taller tire like he said as well, idk if a 33 would be good, but testing will give you a real answer. If youve got the money to buy 29s, 31's and 33's and test them each lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 20" wheels I have are about 31.75" tall with the 275-60-20 goodyear tires and they are heavy...HEAVY

I am picking up the 18's in the morning with bald 265-70-18 contenential rubber on them...perfect for testing

My 17" wheels have my winter rubber on them. BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain TA's and they ride so bad that they wont be going on the truck again so...I have 17's or 18's to put rubber on.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
That's perfect man, just get a light set of tires an something that is stock size in the 32-33 range. Because like I said you will be lowering your effective gear ratio with smaller tires an be shifting in fourth when you don't want to, that shift could be the difference between winning an losing.
I would choose the lighter of the two rims an go from there.
An you need the burnout mod added to your Uprev rom so get your tuner on that to see if you ecu has been added to the list yet.

Reactions: Lil' fella

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
The rear seat is about 200lbs if I remember right and the full size spare is 75lbs. That amount of weight is worth about 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. You should be in the 13sec range or very very close with good air.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the burnout mod already uploaded just don't know how to use it or what it does. Uploaded it on Friday.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have the burnout mod already uploaded just don't know how to use it or what it does. Uploaded it on Friday.

You don't have to do any thing it's already done then

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeff, I think the 200 lbs might be for a CC Titan not the KC? but I don't know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: Thaglyde

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
With all the weight reduction and mods you have, you should have one fast DD. I think you can take him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts