Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

2nd post here. I put some Bilstein 5100 struts on the Titan, they are set in the middle setting which makes the truck basically level. Just had the truck detailed so took the opportunity to snap a few photos. I also threw some BFG AT's on there and some weather-techs inside. The truck now has 19,000 miles and runs like a bear. I am considering adding a Nismo cat-back exhaust, Long-Tube headers, Nismo CAI and Transgo kit. Any advice for or against those mods would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Call cajun about the exhaust and headers. You'll want an uprev tune to go with that. Don't waste your money on the nismo stuff. Get a S&B or airade mpx cia. I hear good things about transgo though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what kind of RWHP increase I could expect with the Cajun headers and exhaust, CAI, uprev and transgo? Are we talking a significant difference here or like 10-15?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Absolutely love the smoke rims. Would love to have those on my T!! Are those 18's?

·
Registered
678 Posts
So that's the middle setting without spacers?? Looks really good. Wondering if I should've just done that setup on mine instead of leaving in the 1.5 inch spacer? What would the difference be for me, 1/2 inch lower?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 12 SV 4x4 and run a spacer and the 5100 on the middle perch. Love it! Use to have the rough country kit but too much CBC.
BTW your truck is a beauty!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So that's the middle setting without spacers?? Looks really good. Wondering if I should've just done that setup on mine instead of leaving in the 1.5 inch spacer? What would the difference be for me, 1/2 inch lower?
Yessir those are 18's and that's the middle setting, no spacers.. I am kind of shy of the spacers after my experience with them initially. I didn't make it home and had a death rattle in the front end. Took it to Nissan, they said struts were bad. There was nothing wrong with them before the spacers were installed. I am not sure what the deal is, the shop I took it to is very reputable and said they had installed them in Titans before, but never a Pro4x. We took a chance ordering the Bilsteins, and after one mishap where they failed to use both washers, the thing rides great now. I didn't want to go to the tallest setting on the 5100's because I read many reviews of them being overly stiff at that setting and I wanted to keep a somewhat reasonable angle with everything up front to avoid excessive wear. I'm glad I did because it's basically level, maybe a 1/2" rake, but the truck rides very nice now...stiffer than stock, but still reasonable and it handles very nicely.

Next mods are a 20" light bar for the bumper grille area and some Bilsteins for the rear. The performance mods after that but I am going to do some more homework on those first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 12 SV 4x4 and run a spacer and the 5100 on the middle perch. Love it! Use to have the rough country kit but too much CBC.
BTW your truck is a beauty!

Awesome looking T you have there Brando. I like the rims-I may go with some wider rims next time but wanted to keep the stock rims on this one. I do like a little flare of the tires coming out just a bit, looks much more aggressive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice truck! Does anyone know if they sell those flares aftermarket? I hate the bushwackers but these look sweet!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
FWIW, if you ever need a warranty claim on those Bilstein 5100's, I would suggest that you do not tell them you have a lift....they will void it then. Learning this the hard way. I have one shock blowing oil all over my a-arm after only two years of on the road use.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've heard of gains in excess of 30 RWHP. Certainly nothing to scoff at. Combine that with the fact that you're more or less bulletproofing one of the main weak points of the T, and giving it that pantie dropping sound to boot? It's a no brainer!

I agree with the above though. Personally, I wouldn't splurge on the Nismo stuff. The Airaid MXP is a fantastic intake. Right now, I'm running the Airaid MXP, JBA long tubes, prt catless bpipes and a MBRP Pro Series catback. Full 304 stainless steel from the headers to the tip, with OEM metal gaskets. I couldn't be happier with the setup. It is freakishly loud though, so I have a UQ resonator on the way I'm getting welded in at the end of the month. I'm also thinking of dropping all of the clamps and getting the catback fully welded up. No CEL light either after 200 miles or so (flex fuel). Definitely noticeable improvements, and I don't even have it tuned yet. My AFR is floating around 14.5, so the ECU seems to have learned quite quickly.

I say if you're already thinking about it, go for it! You won't regret it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW, if you ever need a warranty claim on those Bilstein 5100's, I would suggest that you do not tell them you have a lift....they will void it then. Learning this the hard way. I have one shock blowing oil all over my a-arm after only two years of on the road use.
I don't have a lift on my truck, but if I ever get one I will be sure to remember this. I am just running the 5100s sans spacers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts