Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this time we got to test the qx's climbing/descending ability and how it does on loose gravel. Lemme tell you, THIS THING IS A MOUNTAIN GOAT. it goes anywhere. i was suprised by the limited amout of spin and how easily this big of a car would ge up some of these hills. Well the days going well till my dad decides to go to the 4x4 play area and go in the mud. he wasnt too worried because we've made it through just fine before. well my dad floors the hell outta the Q in 4Lo he makes it half way through this mud pit and comes to a very abrupt stop. luckily theres a highly modded jeep there (with a BIG v8) so he offers to tow us out. were in such thick and deep mud in such a heavy vehicle that the jeep is having trouble pulling us out (hes got mudders and hes on dry land). well as this jeep is doing a 4wd burnout my dad gives her sum gas and lights all four of ours up too and off comes the bumper . luckly it was very minor we put it back but theres a crack and theres a 1/4 inch gap between the bumper and headlight but you can barely tell. And as were going home the the whole car starts to shake LIKE CRAZY like all the seats were jiggling. well we keep driving get on the freeway and the whole car shakes like its about to come apart at 70 mph and the weather proofing was coming apart. We got home took all the wheels off pressure washed the hella outte the undercarriage for 7hrs. not a speck of mud in there now and the cars fine . Word of advice to you people thinking of goin offroading. DONT go mudding! that stuff gets EVERYWHERE and its a pita to clean and screws a lotta things up. Anyways ill post pictures and videos later. Sorry for the long read.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sweet, better your money than mine. Just get a lift kit and some mudders an let her eat. Taking the Q mudding would belike taking a porsche mudding. Aint hating it.:jester:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we got stuck in the exact same place a jeep with mudders and like a 4 inch lift got stuck. so im pretty impressed.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Infiniti sure does design ugly SUV's

Clint

·
Registered
562 Posts
sucks about the damage but that's just assumed when offroading...

that was really light stuff and for the Q to get that much damage just shows you that it was NOT meant to offroad with esp in stock form...if you are going to go wheelin get something made for it

that mud pit is pretty light too...im pretty sure any 4x4 with some mud tires would easily get through there...i've been through worse than that when i had the stock a/t's on my titan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motortrend didnt seem to have any problems taking the Qx to Death Valley and back. Just think of it this way. Heavy truck w/ Conti tracs = Not good in clay. Basically what happened was the truck sunk and got high centered. Theres not much you can do about clay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sport-u·til·i·ty vehicle (spôrt'yōō-tĭl'ĭ-tē, spōrt'-)
n. Abbr. SUV
A four-wheel-drive vehicle with a roomy body, designed for off-road travel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts