Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ever since I finished my SAS I wanted just a few more inches to clear my 37s completely so they wouldn't rub when turning. I lifted the front with some 2.5" springs (my current springs were the stock F-350 length diesel springs) then for the rear I came up with this.

I was told they were from a late 70s era K/C series chevy 1/2 ton pickup truck. Stock leaf pack. I just integrated all the leaves minus the main leaf into the titan leaf pack by length.

Yes I do have the 2 overloads, the stock titan and the one from the chevy pack but I mainly added that chevy overload just for the extra height it gives the pack. I do haul a lot of stuff and constantly have things in the bed that weigh over 500 lbs and the stock leaves just were not cutting it anymore.

I just installed them yesterday morning, so i'll probably drive around with them for a week or two and see how I like it then tear it all apart and clean them/paint the whole thing. But the ride quality is like 100% better! It actually rides like a freaking truck should!

Garage shot of the completed lift.

There is exactly 1 foot between the fender and the top of the tire all the way around. Tires are 37" toyos. It finally looks proportionate.

What do you guys think?? Beats waiting a million years for a prg add a leaf lol.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It's looking good man, sweet come up on those add a leafs.. How would you describe the ride now and do they squeak?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would describe the ride as equal. Before i did this I had the stiffer front springs with the softer skyjacker shocks or whatever then I had the stock titan leaf pack with the block and the stiffer nitrogen charged shocks? in the back to try and stiffen it a tad. Now it feels like the springs are equally stiff.

I went out in the mountains today to test the flex and I did lose some up travel because of the 4 more leaves but the down travel is exactly the same. But you gotta give up something to get something. I gave up that uptravel to get a lot more load capacity. I was going to get airbags but I think this setup will work good now.

And no they don't squeak but when I tear it back apart soon im going to freshen everything up, new plastic pads that go between the leaves, sand down those rusty ones and repaint everything and slap it back together.

I must've been high or something when I wrote this, totally didn't notice I put this in the wrong section! If anyone can move it to the suspension section that would be awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts