Registered
5,252 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I can't see them doing a complete redesign... I think when we look at it we will see the titan we drive now.. just beefier.. If by chance they do a complete redesign... I hope they don't botch it like they did with the pathfinder..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Obviously it will be a complete redesign. They have already said that, plus it is way overdue. That doesn't mean it won't keep some of the design/styling cues from the original Titan. But it will basically be all new from the ground up.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I still really don't see it.. I mean it will look like a new truck.. I'm just saying I don't think it will be a completely ground up redo.. I see a different front bumper and grille and a lot of the same lines on the body. Just my $.02.. I know they have said completely redone..

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I still really don't see it.. I mean it will look like a new truck.. I'm just saying I don't think it will be a completely ground up redo.. I see a different front bumper and grille and a lot of the same lines on the body. Just my $.02.. I know they have said completely redone..

That would be a facelift, not a redesign

Sounds like we are just splittin hairs here. Pube hairs.. like the man pubes you like to munch on nirvana!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I prefer butt hair....you know that.

There is a difference. In the old days, every year was different with slight changes. A complete change was going from the hardbody to the frontier. But in that case even the name changed

·
Registered
386 Posts
I still really don't see it.. I mean it will look like a new truck.. I'm just saying I don't think it will be a completely ground up redo.. I see a different front bumper and grille and a lot of the same lines on the body. Just my $.02.. I know they have said completely redone...
That would be a facelift, not a redesign
I agree with Anavrin. Along with the diesel, there will necessarily be new axles and new transmission, probably a new frame, since there will be new configurations available, the interior is all new from reports, this is not a refresh. A refresh is usually bumpers/grille/hood/headlight/tail lights, with no change to the drivetrain. The new Titan will have an all new drivetrain, basically everything will be updated or upgraded in the drivetrain, and after putting that amount of work in, they will not be putting an 11 year old body with new tail lights, back on it. Guaranteed.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
they have waaaay too much riding on this truck to let it flop I guarantee they are throwing all their money at the re birth of the Titan because for one I bet when they first made it they didn't expect this to happen with it.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
to be a winner we need to look at what the consumer will want in order to compare to the other trucks.
1.whole new body design...not just a facelift
2.new engine options....the cummins fits this
3.new interior...better looks..more function...better quality
4.newer transmission..possible 7-8 speed trans?
5.for the cummins it would require beefed up driveline and frame so this may be standard.
6.priced competitive to others

So this is only my opinion what Nissan will do to take the market by storm. I just hope it wont fall short. I do believe it will be a great truck regardless. Hey i still love my 2010 and let me tell you i just sat in a 2014 pro4x yesterday and boy is it awesome...i don't know why because its basically my truck but its just hot!

Lets keep in mind that some Dodge employees have joined up with nissan so it would make sense what the OP said about it have a lot of Dodge features. Lets face it...the new Ram is not a bod looking truck IMO...anyway...so if this guy brings the bling factor to the new Titan we could really see a head turner!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
my guess for the transmission they will use the ZF 8 speed. thats what they used in the diesel frontier concept.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No kidding man! Now that he has seen it, its driving me crazy not knowing exactly what it looks like! As soon as he gets back I will call him and have him describe it to me in more detail. I will be driving him crazy I'm sure..lol[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. I have family that works for Nissan Corporate and he saw the truck at a convention in Boston. He said the truck is hot, and is rated to tow around 13,000 with the diesel. Obviously he was not allowed to take pictures.

81 - 100 of 139 Posts