Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
my guess for the transmission they will use the ZF 8 speed. thats what they used in the diesel frontier concept.
Id hope they don't put a trans from a 1/4ton into a half ton diesel. Might as well just go buy a dodge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
168 Posts
Posted two days ago...

2016 Nissan Titan coming to 2015 Detroit Auto Show - Autoblog

The Titan has continued to sit in a corner of Nissan's front yard, taken out on occasion but largely unloved, the same way you see a project truck in a neighbor's driveway that makes you wonder, "Are they ever going to do anything with that?" The fullsize pickup made the news about six months ago when reports surfaced that the next generation would offer a Cummins diesel engine that had originally been meant for Ram, then it returned to the shadows.

According to a report from Edmunds, the Titan will return to the spotlight in about a year, with the unveil of the 2016 model planned for next year's Detroit Auto Show. Along with that oil-burner, it will bring a gasoline V6 engine, a complete redesign and a regular cab configuration to finally give it a fighting chance against the thick end of the light-duty truck market. Toyota gets pressed for the molasses-like sales of the Tundra, but that fullsize entrant sold 7,890 units in January and 10,988 in December 2013. Nissan sold 887 Titans in January, 1,284 in December 2013 and broke 2,400 US sales in a single month just once in four years. (The segment-leading Ford F-150, for reference, sold 46,536 units in January.)

An entry-level model and a regular cab option should give the Titan a welcome and overdue sales boost. Better power numbers and fuel economy for the V8 would probably go a long way, too. We expect to start getting glimpses of its future later this year.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Id hope they don't put a trans from a 1/4ton into a half ton diesel. Might as well just go buy a dodge.

Get your facts right, that would be an Isuzu P'up, aka Chevy Luv. Had one, 1982. Transmission in that truck grenaded at 47,000 miles.

38 MPG if you could keep your foot out of it. Zero to 60 in 20 seconds, best time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just hope it's as nice as we're hearing. And not a facelift just to boost sales. A cummins will be a great edition and will draw a lot of dodge fans especially with a 5.0 compared to rams turbo 6. I heard tundra was looking at a possible platform of cummins as well. All they need is an Alison trans and it'll be bullet proof.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just hope it's as nice as we're hearing. And not a facelift just to boost sales. A cummins will be a great edition and will draw a lot of dodge fans especially with a 5.0 compared to rams turbo 6. I heard tundra was looking at a possible platform of cummins as well. All they need is an Alison trans and it'll be bullet proof.
If anyone went from a dodge to a nissan because of the engine, they are on crack. Don't get me wrong, a 5.0 sounds great. The fact is that the straight 6 is proven, it's naturally balanced, and it's the way diesel should be. (I suggest you look up the most powerful Diesel engine in the world- Wartsila Sulzer rt96c or rt flex. The balance, the lack of side thrust, the exhaust all in the same place makes it WAYYYY better to design a diesel (especially a turbo diesel) in a straight configuration. I love the sound of V8 gassers, but straight sixes (both diesel and gas) are the best sounding engines and often the most reliable (case in point, AMC straight 6 used in jeeps for forever, the cummins, toyota 2jz, BMWs massive use, should I go on??

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
If anyone went from a dodge to a nissan because of the engine, they are on crack. Don't get me wrong, a 5.0 sounds great. The fact is that the straight 6 is proven, it's naturally balanced, and it's the way diesel should be. (I suggest you look up the most powerful Diesel engine in the world- Wartsila Sulzer rt96c or rt flex. The balance, the lack of side thrust, the exhaust all in the same place makes it WAYYYY better to design a diesel (especially a turbo diesel) in a straight configuration. I love the sound of V8 gassers, but straight sixes (both diesel and gas) are the best sounding engines and often the most reliable (case in point, AMC straight 6 used in jeeps for forever, the cummins, toyota 2jz, BMWs massive use, should I go on??
I think he's referring to the Eco Diesel that's in the current Ram 1500...a V6, not an inline.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think he's referring to the Eco Diesel that's in the current Ram 1500...a V6, not an inline.
Ahh, fair enough, but if he's saying it will bring people over, I'm assuming he's referring to people that historically use diesels (or at least have for a while). That v6 is very new. I like the idea of a small diesel in a pickup truck, I just can't bring myself to like that spawn of satan vw mopar love child engine configuration.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was driving down AZ-87 last weekend between Payson and Phoenix, AZ and ran across a large string of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles all with Michigan manufacturer plates. Probably about 20 of them. In the middle of the pile was a BEAST of a Titan like I had never seen. It looked very different than what I was driving. All the logos were blacked out and it was pulling a white trailer big enough to have another vehicle inside. Also saw an Armada I did not recognize. It was clearly a newer model and I don't believe based off of the Titan at all, unlike previous years. Wish I could have grabbed some pictures, but mountain roads and high speeds prevented it.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Surprised there isn't more buzz about this on TT. I'm interested to see that front end. I like how it isn't as sloping as ours.

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
Surprised there isn't more buzz about this on TT. I'm interested to see that front end. I like how it isn't as sloping as ours.

I'm a bit surprised about how little it's been spoken of as well. I'm pretty excited about it. :dunno:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm good with small, if the current truck is considered "small". I don't need/want a monster truck, the current size is perfect for my family and I. Maybe a 6.5 foot bed option... I hope it keeps some of the lines/looks of the current Titan.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Small is fine, but pulling up beside a new stock ford or Chev in my current T stock suspension I feel small. Nothing wrong with taller and more usable interior space.

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
By the reports I've read, it's just a bit larger than our current truck. More on par with the current half tons.

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Small is fine, but pulling up beside a new stock ford or Chev in my current T stock suspension I feel small. Nothing wrong with taller and more usable interior space.

I have a new 14 4x4 chev at work an it's waay lower then my pro4x

·
Registered
927 Posts

I have a new 14 4x4 chev at work an it's waay lower then my pro4x
Agreed my 09 4x4 non pro 4x was bigger than stock Chevys (1500's)

101 - 120 of 139 Posts