Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this March 1st will mark my two years here on TT. It seems that all the cool kids have build threads, so I'm going to finally make one. I would post it up on the 1st, but I'm stuck working this whole weekend :lol:

It's gonna take some work trying to get this all accurate, but here we go.

Converted from only ever really owning Chevys and Rams, I traded in my 05 Ram early of 2013 due to the mound of issues I had had with it. I couldn't keep putting money into it, and needed to dump it. I went looking for a Frontier, or a Tacoma, and just happened to find my 2012 Pro-4x with only 10k on it for a pretty good price.

Soooo this.....

Was replaced by this.....

And ever since it's just been a work in progress....just like everything :lol:

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Early on I did the little things. Debadged it, did the DIY grille mod, decided to do a little wheel painting with bedliner, and even add some offroad lights. The small stuff, or should I say the cheap stuff. But, that is what kick started it and lead to where it is now. It kicked off the addiction. After only a few months of owning it, it looked like a totally different truck.

From there, I started just a bit of performance, and went to messing with the exhaust. First ever muffler swap was running a cherry bomb elite. It was awful. That was when I really turned to the forum....but not before this idea....

The good old straight pipes idea. Awful. Don't do it.

From there, I turned to the tried and true, Cajun. Jeff helped me out a ton, and I ended up with a set of resonated cajun b pipes, FM Y, and a 40943 Borla.

I also picked up an IAT mod, and axle vent kit from Jeff. To top it off, I got a used NISMO intake from here on the forum.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From there I started to look for deals here on the forum. Luckily, being Active Duty, you some times hit gold with people either moving or deploying. A guy at the same base as me was trading in his Titan and dumping some used and unused parts. That day I scored a mock up RC 3" kit and rear blocks, along with a BDGT. That is what started me spending countless amounts of time on suspension.

It was great, but it was mainly a stepping stone. Now I needed tires. I spent countless days trying to decide, but I went for it and crammed 35s on stock rims with the 3" set up. I thought it was amazing at the same time, but quickly found out that I needed to get more height to keep those meats on the truck.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After making my huge mistake on tires, while TDY to another base, I went on to spend some more money on this never ending process. I always wanted a new bumper, so first thing I did when I got back was order an N-Fab RSP. Can't say enough great things about this bumper and how much I've liked having it. It really is pretty great for the price, and still looks great after a year of having it.

Thanks to another forum member letting some parts go, I now went back to messing with my suspension. I picked up a set of Fox coilovers and rear shocks on here for a killer deal, and switched it up again.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Shortly after I installed my coilovers and rear shocks, another killer deal popped up here on the forum. Bassn8ter hooked me up with a slightly used Pro Comp lift, and I went to modding the truck again. Quickly after, Andys04titan hooked me up with a set of 1.5" adapters so I didn't look like I was completely on stilts :lol:

Still needs a few upgrades to the suspension to get it where I want it, but the 6" fixed a lot of things that I didn't like (all self inflicted).

There were a few minor mods after this, but everything was fairly small like a new head unit, some home made grab handles, headlights, etc..

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And this is how it sat two days ago while we received some freezing rain here in Shreveport LA.

From start to now it looks like a whole new truck. I'm sure I'm missing little things along the way, but so far I'm happy. I hope over the course of this year to keep the steam rolling and make a lot more changes to this thread. I'm sure headers, deavers, more sound, and maybe some light bars will happen this year....and maybe even rims.

Thanks TT for helping me so much along the way. I wouldn't have been able to do any of these mods without coming here first :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So your one of the "cool kids" now huh? Lol, where is the unfriend button haha. Cool write up Blaine, truck looks good and I'm still jealous of your front bumper.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So your one of the "cool kids" now huh? Lol, where is the unfriend button haha. Cool write up Blaine, truck looks good and I'm still jealous of your front bumper.
You can't leave me now :kiss: you need to get one ;)

Definitely one of the sickest Ts on this site IMO. Thanks for putting this together. Cool to see the evolution.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Nice transformation brah

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Nice write up man, may have to do one myself

Reactions: PaPro4x

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol! If you hear some noise out by your tuck in the middle of the night, it's just me retorquing your bumper bolts hahaha.
I will end you :lol:

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love this truck. Love the fact that you pointed out the mistakes to keep others from doing the same. I always wait for PaPro to throw his 0.2 and steer me in the right. Clean ride and thanks for all the advice the you directly or indirectly have given.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Amazing truck man, I just got my 12 Pro4x at end of March and began modifying my suspension last weekend which I too apparently have self inflicted some issues... Live and learn haha. Great build thread none the less truck is incredible with choice parts all over.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts