Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for 9 days. NINE DAYS.

There's smoke pouring from my door panel.

Prior to that I lost all control to my electronics in my cab.

I had a brand new 4Runner in 1999 and bought a brand new F150 in 2001. I'd give anything to have them back.

Anyone interested in a HOT new Titan? It's a SMOKING deal.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
bconne1 said:

I had a brand new 4Runner in 1999 and bought a brand new F150 in 2001. I'd give anything to have them back.

Have you taken to the dealer?? Sounds like an electrical issue!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't smoke.

I went in to get a CD from my console, I smelled something funny and saw smoke coming from the door where the hinge arm joins it. It smells electrical.

Sure, the dealer will "fix" it for free, but it doesn't avoid the fact that it blows. The truck wasn't cheap, and small or not there shouldn't be any problems with it.

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Why is it all the low post count members have the worst issues with their trucks. If my truck had an issue, the website wouldn't be the place I went to first. I'd already have been to a dealer and had the truck looked at so I'd be educated of what's wrong and what they will do to remedy it

Clint

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clint said:
Why is it all the low post count members have the worst issues with their trucks. If my truck had an issue, the website wouldn't be the place I went to first. I'd already have been to a dealer and had the truck looked at so I'd be educated of what's wrong and what they will do to remedy it

Clint
Before trying to sound like a smartass, criticizing someone's post count, you could try reading some of those posts. My first post was in reference to the first problem I had with it which came up after the dealership closed so I couldn't bring it in. Currently, I'm at work and I'm waiting for my wife to get here to follow me in case this pile of trash decides to break down on the 215.

But continue to spout idiocy without knowing the first thing about the situation. It makes you look so much cooler on the internet, plus it makes your e-penis larger.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
bconne1 said:
I don't smoke.

I went in to get a CD from my console, I smelled something funny and saw smoke coming from the door where the hinge arm joins it. It smells electrical.

Sure, the dealer will "fix" it for free, but it doesn't avoid the fact that it blows. The truck wasn't cheap, and small or not there shouldn't be any problems with it.
None of our trucks were cheap, but if your too lazy to take to the dealer to get it fixed, then you deserve what ever happens. You have a warranty for a reason. Use it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bbomar said:
None of our trucks were cheap, but if your too lazy to take to the dealer to get it fixed, then you deserve what ever happens. You have a warranty for a reason. Use it!
Do any of you people read?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
bconne1 said:
Before trying to sound like a smartass, criticizing someone's post count, you could try reading some of those posts. My first post was in reference to the first problem I had with it which came up after the dealership closed so I couldn't bring it in. Currently, I'm at work and I'm waiting for my wife to get here to follow me in case this pile of trash decides to break down on the 215.

But continue to spout idiocy without knowing the first thing about the situation. It makes you look so much cooler on the internet, plus it makes your e-penis larger.
So your the one that sends me all those emails!!! [email protected][email protected]

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
bconne1 said:

that's the way to earn yourself some brownie points

·
Registered
157 Posts
continue to spout idiocy without knowing the first thing about the situation. It makes you look so much cooler on the internet, plus it makes your e-penis larger.

Thats funny i don't care who you are!

Hang tough, they'll fix it and you'll do fine, that stuff happens to all vehicles, I'm sure they'll help you out.. Your right it sucks to buy a new vehicle and have problems...what else can you do other that let them right the situation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P's Titan said:
that's the way to earn yourself some brownie points
I'm sorry. I thought the way to get brownie points was to make assumptions without really reading the posts.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with this post, but good luck getting the truck fixed. It sucks you got a bad one, that is why they have lemon laws. Nobody here gives a damn if you want to buy something else, hell go do it. Hopefully your next vehicle will be perfect. :jester:

·
Registered
249 Posts
To be fair, all manufacturers have a 'Friday truck' or a 'Monday truck' - on Friday, everyone in assembly is thinking about the party they're going to and how drunk they're going to get - not to mention how fast they're going to get out of work! - and on Monday, everyone's hung over, still thinking about that party they went to and how drunk they got - not to mention how fast they're going to get out of work!

I don't like to hear stories like this, but fact is, I've owned a couple vehicles that were sub-par...
UT has a 'Lemon Law' (I know other states do too...just don't know the specifics)
But, it got me a brand new vehicle once because I could prove that it wasn't assembled correctly (there was a literal laundry list of problems that I had to keep going back to the dealer for) - The new vehicle I got (same exact model/trim level/powertrain/etc.) was perfect and never did anything to it aside from oil changes, filters and tires.

Just something to think about...check into your local states 'Lemon Law' and see what can be done.

Psychlone

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
bconne1 said:
Do any of you people read?
Yes, would be the answer.

Let us know what the dealer says, and ask for a loaner!!

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
bconne1 said:

I'm not trying to be a smartass and not looking to pick a fight but, if you've been on this site for as long as many of us have, you see a trend of low post count and Titan/Nissan attacks. I'd also be too pissed to sit on this site and post in other topics because all I could see is rage over my truck. I'd be on the phone with the dealer and waiting for a flat bed tow truck, I wouldn't drive the truck there either. Why energize the wires in the truck if there is an obvious electrical problem?
This is why I responded as I did. If your issue is genuine then I was wrong.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
bconne1 said:

Most importantly, did you disconect the battery? If it's in a parking lot at work all the vehicles near it are at risk. I watched over a dozen expensive cars go up in flames during a Mets game three years ago. Fire started in a Porsche and then a Range Rover, Maserati, Corvette and other of the like went up too.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
34,528 Posts
I would recommend that we cut the OP some slack.

Let's see what the outcome of this is after he takes it to the dealer.

bconne1: I would advise that if you haven't already, that you take a video/photographs of the problem as it occurs. That way they can't deny your truck "has issues."

Plus you can share it here with us. None of us would like to go through what you have gone through, that's for sure.

I'm happy that I've gotten 3 years and 4 months of dependable service from mine. I would like to be forewarned if there are potential problems by seeing what others have had to deal with.

If you look at it that way, he's doing us a favor.

Not everybody who has problems is a troll. Those who are, eventually get shown up for what they are.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
bconne1 said:
I don't smoke.

And you experienced no issues whatsoever with your two previous vehicles? Two vehicles that have long TSB's lists and recalls?

And you decided to come on to the Forum to tell us how bad the Titan is and you want us to support you that "you're right , the Titan is a bad truck..."

We already know that the Titan has issues and when you encounter those, you go about getting them fixed. Yes there are bad trucks that are lemons but your one issue is severe but not representative of the line...

Sorry to read about it but you'll excuse me (and I hope other Forum Members) if we don't jump up in support of you...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.