Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight I got in the Truck and before I could start the ignition the power captain chair freaked out. the chair back tilted all the way foward and the seat moved foward until I was pinned up against the steering wheel. I was like something in a horror movie. My wife freaked. I'm not kidding all I did was sit in the seat i wasn't touching any buttons - it did it all on it's own. I did report it to the dealer and if it happens again there going to have to take it in
and check it out. Maybe they need to call in an exorcist. Lol lol lol!!!
But really it wasn't funny:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's Nuts!

Nissan should hope that the same thing doesn't happen to a very overweight driver or they'll wind as the lead segment on 60 minutes the following Sunday.

Your dealer should be proactive and not wait for the problem to happen again and check it out now.

Then again...bad press = fantastic deals to those of us who havent bought one yet.;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dude, Nissan should be bending over freaking backwards for you. Can you imagine the law suit they'd be subject to if the chair did that on the freeway, and somebody(s) was killed? Jeesh.... that's the stuff they make recalls for.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the dealer last night to complete some paperwork and mentioned it to the salesman but the service dept. was closed(it was 8:00 pm). I already have an appointment in the morning for them to install my free complimentary locking lug nuts. I will have the service manager check out the seat. I might even be a little dramatic telling them i'm afraid that someone may die because of the seat and tell them to keep it until they figure it out and demand a loaner or i will contact the media here in San Diego.
But I won't get the salesman involved he is a really cool guy.
But I will wake someone up.
the seat had no problems today but who knows if it will
get worse.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New update tonight when i turned the truck off and the keys were in my hand the speedometer and tachometer needles went up and down several times on their own. there could be a short somewhere.:mad: :( :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think it's time to have a pleasant chat with the dealer that goes something like this "Give me a new vehicle, or I talk to CNN."

Face it, yours is possessed! :eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I thought I had somewhat the same problem. My seat was always tilted forward when I got into the truck, even though I had it tilted back when I got out. Today at the dealership I noticed that If I leaned to the left, over the edge of the seat, I could activate the tilt. Stand outside and push down the edge of the seat and the controls will work. Maybe its my large but in the first instance but not when I'm not even in the seat. Weird or what?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I noticed that also. I thought I was going crazy everytime I got in the truck the seat seemed to be tilted foward when I had it tilted slightly back when I got out. But tonight with the tach and speedometer needles moving on their own I'm not taking any chances. I 'm sure that I am overdoing it a bit but I want to drive a point home. So in the morning I'm having the truck towed to the dealership on their dime and getting a rent a car also on their dime. I have to go to work and I don't want the wife to drive it the dealership with the granddaughter just in case something else electrical goes wacko.
She will also demand that they find the problem and fix it with proof. I don't to hear any crap about how it worked fine for them.
there is definatley a short somewhere and I won't take the truck back until it is found. I'm sure the wife will have them running in circles, but it's better she will be there then me I lose my temper
sometimes when I shouldn't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've noticed the movement of the power seat when showing the truck to clients also. I think it has to do with the step up into the cab. When the left leg swings in, the inside of that thigh tends to hit the power seat switch.

I've sold six of these trucks since we got them 3 weeks ago, plus my own and haven't noticed or heard a complaint about the tach. I'll talk with a master tech and see if that's an isolated occurance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input Ron.
this was not slight movement of the chair. the chair back and seat both moved all the way foward like the buttons were being held. i was nowhere near the seat switch. I was sitting in the seat and it was like both switches where being totally engaged. I was pinned against the steering wheel. both of my feet were on the floor far away from the switches. this would have been great in traffic.

·
Registered
330 Posts
robertc , that would have made one great video. Possibly $10,000 or even more from Nissan. Hope you get things taken care off. Most dealerships when you drive off treat you like a second class citizen after they have made the sale.
No offense isellam. If they haggle you I'm sure we could flood them with e-mails from this forum.
So far my Titan has been great. Used the bed system the other day. Boy, is that thing addictive! I can't wait to haul something. People really like that feature.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Electric Seat problem

I had the dame problem with the seat pinning me to the stearing wheel. Luckily the transmission was in park. I hope this doesn't happen to women who are pregnant.

I also noticed that the seat sometimes returns to the vertical position after you get out of the truck and I don't recall reading about this in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That sounds messed up. I think I'll be getting one without an electric seat. I am still curious about the break sensor. Don't feel like paying several hundred a month in payments for a truck that is not operable. That would get frustrating real fast.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have had my Truck since thursdayand still haven't found the problem yet. They have been in contact with the engineer's at the factory for suggestions on isolating the problem. they are supposed to pursue it further on monday. the rep. at the Nissan consumer affairs dept. is also supposed to contact the factory and the dealer on monday. we complained about the bucket they gave us to drive in the meantime(chevy cavalier) so they gave us a 2004 Dodge Hemi from the rental agency to drive. It sure doesn't compare to a titan especially in the interior.
Because we are having to wait so long and I only put 150 miles on the Titan I asked the General Manager at the dealership to just exchange our truck for another one. But they want no part of that. If they are unable to find the electrical problem and just give us back our truck I don't know if that would be right either.
I hope this doesn't go so far that I have to get a lawyer involved.
Maybe they they will have some good news this week. they have now had my truck in the service dept. longer than i had it.
Maybe I should be more patient.
Any suggestions out there?
The dealer is Mossy Nissan in El Cajon, Ca.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think I would be any more patient. I would be on the phone with them every 3 or four hours I'm afraid =-)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think you need to find out who is in charge of the general manager and tell them you want a new truck. If they say no go to who is in charge of that person. I don't think I would settle for anything less than the problem fixed with the guarentee that it is fixed or a new truck.

:jester:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Robertc, if I were you I would file a report with the National Highway & Traffic Safety Administration, at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ And I would let Nissan know that I have filed a report. This is definitely a safety defect that can kill you, and possibly others.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Robertc, you are to be commended on your patience. I can't beleive the dealer wont consider getting you another truck! I hate to say it but some dealers give most dealers a bad rep. On the other hand, how hard can it be to check out one seat! Hope you get in that Titan soon. Let us know how the Dodge holds out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts