Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was sitting in a parking lot with the truck idling after eating my Chick-fil-a. I put the truck in drive to leave and had zero pedal input, I had thought it stalled so I turned the ignition off and started it and see the check engine light is illuminated and guess I’m in limp mode. I turned it off again and open the door and then close it restart it again and all is well throttle wise but the light was still on but I could drive home normally. I put the scanner on it and got a p2101 throttle actuator code.
I find it interesting that it did this while at an idle not under acceleration.
What says the knowledgeable people here?
I reset the light and will keep an eye on it tomorrow.
The FUNNY part is, the last email I read just before this occurred was one from the Nissan dealer telling me all about this months service specials, go figure. Maybe they were talking to my truck, lol.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2020 NISSAN TITAN PRO 4X
22 Posts
Well I guess the actuator is within the throttle body? Maybe just needs to be cleaned. Low miles though.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess the actuator is within the throttle body? Maybe just needs to be cleaned. Low miles though.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk.
All those miles are in only 23 months and are almost all highway miles. Almost all the fuel is from BP/Amoco so it’s top tier fuel.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a strange code. Check under the hood to make sure all connectors are plugged in good and also make sure u don't have any rodents snacking on your wiring....
I’ll take a look in the morning, thanks.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you have a pedal commander? Could the connection have worked itself loose for a second?
I do have one and will look at that as well, thanks. All is takes is a split second for an electrical hiccup to affect something.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so today I checked the electrical wires and plugs and all appears to be fine. Last night as I mentioned I reset the light so this morning I started it, the light was still off and then I drove it for about 15 minutes and went to get breakfast. I tried to recreate last night so while I ate I let it idle for a good 15 minutes and all is still fine. I will keep an eye on it and have the code reader with me just in case.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot u had the pedal commander..

Likely could have caused the issue....
Anything is possible, it’s been in use since August and many miles since then but you never know.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still going strong, hope it’s a once and done occurrence.

Clint

·
Registered
610 Posts
The other day was watching some squirrels playing and chasing each other … was amazed to see them jumping up a tire and play hide and seek in the front end of some sedan parked along the street. Made me wonder about my own truck as it was always outside.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The other day was watching some squirrels playing and chasing each other … was amazed to see them jumping up a tire and play hide and seek in the front end of some sedan parked along the street. Made me wonder about my own truck as it was always outside.
Rodents do not like peppermint, you can buy packets online or peppermint oil and put a container with a rag soaked in it to discourage them. I keep it in and under my collector car in the garage.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He either moved out or is the reason my engine in knocking!!!🐭
OR....the knock drove him crazy and he went looking for quieter surroundings. 😉

1 - 20 of 25 Posts