Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a new 5.7 iforce. It wasn't the big cab it was the 2 door with suicide doors like the the KC titans. Anyways we were turning left lined up next to each other and the chick looked over and smiled. I knew it was on! Light turned we both took off a little slow until we were straight. I let her hit it first and then I did. Raced to 60 mph and beat her by about 3 lengths:) She had the TRD exhaust so I'm guessing her truck was stock, but IDK.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Good kill, the EC Tundra is beatable from 0-60, but they fly after that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice, I've been working on trying to beat my boss' 5.7 for like 6 months, lol.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice Kill!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good kill. If it was stock other than the exhaust than it wouldnt even get you on top end. Ive had a few race me and they are all pricks lol. Just fyi there arent any newer tundras 07+ that have the suicide doors like our king cabs. Those were the pre 07 tundras that only had the 4.7L V8.
I know I was just saying that is wasn't the bigger cab

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Awesome kill man! Yeah I raced one that had magnaflow exhaust and CAI back when all I had was my exhaust (I was low 15's then) and I took him out of the hole and held him off till about 50 when he came by me and pulled pretty good on me. Their low end isn't much, especially for a truck like yours but their top end is retarded strong. I think with your mph in the 1/4 though you'd hold them off even in the topend though.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Well, you have to think about the fact that the new Tundra's come stock w/ a Tri-Y exhaust manifold design. Which is similar to having a set of shorties on a Titan, performance wise. That has a lot to do w/ them having such good top-end.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
^^ tri-y headers provide top end gains, but they are not the reason the tundra has good top end power. That is provided by the quad variable cam timing the engine has.

a 4-1 longtube header provides more top end gains than a tri-y 4-2-1 header.

4-2-1 header = midrange header.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts