Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a "new to me" 2006 2WD Crew Cab. I needed a work truck, and this was one of the better deals I found. It's a little high mileage at 250,000-ish miles, but it runs nice. The seller did tell me that it leaks power steering fluid, so I'm hoping that I'll have the resources here to find a fix. I'm hoping to get about 3-6 months use out of this thing, but I may hold onto it if the truck proves durable. The pics below are from the online ad. I hope to get the vehicle detailed and have some nice shiny pics.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's a pretty stout vehicle. I'm hoping it lasts me for the duration of my project, but sigh it makes me miss driving a full sized truck. There are a few issues that I may try to resolve, or I may just use it for what I need it, and see if I can sell it for a few more dollars. I'll keep everyone posted. Appreciate the welcome.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soooo....ummmmm.....I got bit by the damn Truck bug......

I enjoyed this work truck for all of 2-ish months. The smell of the previous owner in a 14 year old truck was pretty ripe. So, went shopping.......

I'll have more pics once it's a nice day and I can wash her real good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! Two Titans in two months! That's a damn pretty blue color on your new one! Welcome aboard!
lol, I think buying that 06 was probably a "gateway drug" for the Truck Bug. Funny but I went to a dealership here that wanted to sell me a Titan SV Crew Cab for about the same amount. I had to walk out when the "manager" told me that OTD price didn't matter, that it was all about monthly payments. I was like, "Sure" and eventually just left. The dealership that I went to this evening just shot straight with me. Looking forward to years of fun.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
265 Posts
Yeah, they really don't want you to think about the total cost. Just take a "good payment" and keep paying it for 7 years, lol!

So what is the fate of the red 2006?

BTW, what part of Texas are you in?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, they really don't want you to think about the total cost. Just take a "good payment" and keep paying it for 7 years, lol!

So what is the fate of the red 2006?

BTW, what part of Texas are you in?
The red 2006 was traded in along with a 2020 Kia Soul that I was using for Uber before Covid made it difficult to do. That red one probably had another 100,000 miles left in her. I had recently done a muffler delete on it and scared the bejesus out of my co-worker one day when I took it in to work and revved it when he was near it. :D I also put on some LED headlights that I had laying around. Kind of funny that I did so much work with it and then just traded it in on a whim. The part that I didn't like was that it had a faint urine smell. Not sure if it was the elderly gent that sold it to me, or if it was from a pet that he may have let ride inside. I actually had considered spending a few grand on that truck and making it more respectable. But the more time I spent with her, the more I thought I'd rather just get a new one and let that one go. The 06 had a cracked front console, some trim pieces missing, and the front wheel liners were separating from the fenders. She did sound pretty freaking mean on the road though, after that muffler delete.

I live in the Dallas area, but bought the Titan near the Fort Worth side of town. I love the LED headlight treatment of the truck. I can't help wonder where I'm going to make use of the 4x4 in the area though. I'm still shocked I got into the vehicle as the sticker price was near $60,000. Helped considerably that the dealership gave me 0% APR.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I wonder if anyone seeing me bump this thread thinks that I'm way too excited by an 06 before they scroll down far enough.....lol. A few interior shots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts