Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My First (And Last) Race W/ Unmarked Police Car

Let me start by saying first off the "Force" must have been with me tonight...

Second off the myth ALL Cops are azzholes just got disproven for me tonight...

I'm cruising down the main drag through Richmond, (Broad St.) and I stop at a red light. Light turns green and I take off in true Titan style, aggressively.

I notice this Dodge Intrepid coming up REAL fast so naturally I floor it too hold him off and start pulling away. At this point let's just say I'm slightly above the speed limit :blush: I take a left at the next light and he is behind me on my azz so I floor it and proceed too leave him until I'm a good 10 to 15 truck length's in front of him then the next light turns red and I'm in the pole position and he pulls up beside me with his inside light on. I looked a little closer and it said Police on his shirt. :hi: :eek2: :eek2:

His window is rolled down and he say's, "What's up?" "What's up?" "Why are you in such a hurry?" Turns blue lights on at this point. My reply was a witty one, :rollingey "I've got to go to the bathroom." A classic, almost as good as the "I've only had 2 drinks tonight." :eeeek: What happened next truly unbelievable, with a smile on his face he says, "You better slow that machine down son. DAMM, Your about too get written HARD." "DAMM."

All I could say was, Yes Sir, Yes Sir. I don't know if it was the Marine sticker on my truck and my "Jar head" hair cut or my Guardian Angle. It's almost as if his responses were what I was wishing him too say.
He drives off!!!

O yeah, I forget a minor detail. If you get caught racing in the state of Virginia the law can take your vehicle. Not impound it, take it for good!!


Needless too say lesson learned. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I couldn't believe his demeanor. He seemed amused about the whole incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Thanks for the warning!!! I have been driveing like a mad man since I bought mine in Dec. And I keep thinking Im 30 something and I havent had this much fun since the 12th grade when I got my first 77 camaro. (with my first ticket 70 on a back road 35 zone). I need to back off a little to. And drive like my age. Only 15 over :eek: My Supercharged Frontier is a dog compaired to this truck!!!!! Count your blessings. That would have been a Big 6 points here in FL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helinut1970 said:
Thanks for the warning!!! I have been driveing like a mad man since I bought mine in Dec. And I keep thinking Im 30 something and I havent had this much fun since the 12th grade when I got my first 77 camaro. (with my first ticket 70 on a back road 35 zone). I need to back off a little to. And drive like my age. Only 15 over :eek: My Supercharged Frontier is a dog compaired to this truck!!!!! Count your blessings. That would have been a Big 6 points here in FL
This "Blessing" is not going unnoticed, you can take that too the bank. I added above in Va last year the law was revised too give the law the authority too confiscate your vehicle for racing. This could have been the end tonight!

Funny you say that. I'm 30 something and haven't had this much fun since my old 5.0 a few years ago. This was a wake up call for sure!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
I got a Basset too. What is his/her name? Mine is Broadway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
LOL ....

Props to your guardian angel Finnatic ....

Can't speak for VA ... but here in NC ... they have those forfeiture laws as well ... not just racing ... but DUI ... and something else that I don't recall right now ...

Funny thing is ... they will only take your vehicle if your own it outright ...

If you owe $5 on it ... you get to keep it ....

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
MO Titan said:
I got a Basset too. What is his/her name? Mine is Broadway.
SNOOPY!!!!!! What else. I call him snoopster though. Hes a good BOY. Very good with the kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Bill_n said:
LOL ....

Props to your guardian angel Finnatic ....

Can't speak for VA ... but here in NC ... they have those forfieture laws as well ...

Funny thing is ... they will only take your vehicle if your own it outright ...

If you owe $5 on it ... you get to keep it ....

:D
Props too the cool azz cop. I wish all cops were that cool. O you were driving about real fast racing me, smile, smile, "Slow that machine down." smile, smile, then drive off... :deathsent Take away the forfeiture law there's the little go straight too jail thing and loss of license action. Not too mention points and insurance nightmares...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
I think you better change your screen name......Luke maybe???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BiXLL said:
I think you better change your screen name......Luke maybe???
No kidding, spared from the lions den...as good as a miracle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,304 Posts
Finn, Finn, Finn......that boy ain't right.

I had a similar "oops I crapped my pants" :brownsmil moment about a year ago in my Tundra with an unmarked county sheriff in a new Dodge Hemi Durango! Like you, I got real lucky, as he told me the reason he was trying to catch me (haulin azz up the pass) was to tell me I had a headlight out. When he flipped his interior strobes on behind me, I was doin like 80 in a 50! I think he felt sorry for me, cause I had my arm in a sling from a shoulder injury. Hmmm....maybe I'll start carrying it in the console for the next time I get pulled over....lol. :idea:

Nice job of evading the ticket!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Finnattic said:
Props too the cool azz cop. I wish all cops were that cool. O you were driving about 100 racing, ha ha... :deathsent Take away the forfeiture law there's the little go straight too jail thing and loss of license action. Not too mention points and insurance nightmares...
I don't know that it's that way any more ....

My boy ... who works for the same folks you do .. had to enter on a waiver ... because of a ticket for 163 in a 60 in a 94 Supra Twin Turbo .. modified ...

And anything over 30 over here in NC is a felony ... and he basically had to get the prosecutor to sign off that it would be disposed of at a lower level ...

Anyway ... I would have thought that they would have taken him straight to jail and slammed the door ... but his lawyer told me that they couldn't do that ... that it was an "alledged" crime ... and there had not yet been a finding of guilt ...

At any rate ... $1200 later ... and it was reduced to Careless & Wreckless ... a pretty bodacious charge when you figure the DL points and Insurance points ....

But ... it all worked out ... he's out soon with a clear license ...

Never lost his license ... but must have been up around 11.99999999 points on it ...

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RockyMtnTitan said:
Finn, Finn, Finn......that boy ain't right.

I had a similar "oops I crapped my pants" :brownsmil moment about a year ago in my Tundra with an unmarked county sheriff in a new Dodge Hemi Durango! Like you, I got real lucky, as he told me the reason he was trying to catch me (haulin azz up the pass) was to tell me I had a headlight out. When he flipped his interior strobes on behind me, I was doin like 80 in a 50! I think he felt sorry for me, cause I had my arm in a sling from a shoulder injury. Hmmm....maybe I'll start carrying in the console for the next time I get pulled over....lol. :idea:

Nice job of evading the ticket!
LOL I'll admit I ain't right. :dude: A little crazy yes I am... It's up too the :angel: too help keep me straight. LOL

Funny I never saw that angle (Smiles) till tonight... :lol:

The ole sling trick huh. Attitude is key when dealing with the law. Keep a good attitude or at least try...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill_n said:
I don't know that it's that way any more ....

My boy ... who works for the same folks you do .. had to enter on a waiver ... because of a ticket for 163 in a 60 in a 94 Supra Twin Turbo .. modified ...

And anything over 30 over here in NC is a felony ... and he basically had to get the prosecutor to sign off that it would be disposed of at a lower level ...

Anyway ... I would have thought that they would have taken him straight to jail and slammed the door ... but his lawyer told me that they couldn't do that ... that it was an "alledged" crime ... and there had not yet been a finding of guilt ...

At any rate ... $1200 later ... and it was reduced to Careless & Wreckless ... a pretty bodacious charge when you figure the DL points and Insurance points ....

But ... it all worked out ... he's out soon with a clear license ...

Never lost his license ... but must have been up around 11.99999999 points on it ...

:D
LOL I had too get a waiver too. Age waiver, 31 when I went to boot camp.

Told ya I was a little crazy... :D

Damm 163 mph, surprised he got caught and didn't try too run. I glad he did the right thing and didn't and it all worked out in the end...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Finnattic said:
LOL I had too get a waiver too. Age waiver, 31 when I went to boot camp.

Told ya I was a little crazy... :D

Damm 163 mph, surprised he got caught and didn't try too run. I glad he did the right thing and didn't and it all worked out in the end...
Well ....

The cop (State Highway Patrol) said that he was slowing down when he clocked him ....

By the time that he caught up ... they had exited the Interstate ... pulled into a convenience store and were getting out of the car ....

Parris Island at 31 ??

I'm not sure that "crazy" is an accurate description ....

Unless you're a doctor, lawyer, etc ....

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
Years ago I had gotten over the limit on points. I was to go to the state building in Pittsburgh to retake the written test. After passing, they would remove 2 points from your license, allowing you to keep them. Wouldn't you know I got a speeding ticket on the way to take the test!!!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bill_n said:
Well ....

The cop (State Highway Patrol) said that he was slowing down when he clocked him ....

By the time that he caught up ... they had exited the Interstate ... pulled into a convenience store and were getting out of the car ....

Parris Island at 31 ??

I'm not sure that "crazy" is an accurate description ....

Unless you're a doctor, lawyer, etc ....

:D
Let's just say Sept 11th pissed me off...and wanted too get into law enforcement. Funny just in the last 3 months our unit was changed from an Artillery Battery too an MP Company. Be careful what you wish for huh...


Almost sounds like the officer lost sight of the vehicle which in Va is a good reason too get off the charges with a good lawyer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Finnattic said:
Almost sounds like the officer lost sight of the vehicle which in Va is a good reason too get off the charges with a good lawyer...
Well .... he said that he didn't .... but you know how they'll .....

Ah ... nevermind ....

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BiXLL said:
Years ago I had gotten over the limit on points. I was to go to the state building in Pittsburgh to retake the written test. After passing, they would remove 2 points from your license, allowing you to keep them. Wouldn't you know I got a speeding ticket on the way to take the test!!!!!! :D
Ain't that some :wtf: :readclose

All your luck was used up. I think I emptied my lucky charms tonight...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bill_n said:
Well .... he said that he didn't .... but you know how they'll .....

Ah ... nevermind ....

:D
His word against yours, O yeah I know...
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top