Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was omw to run an errand for work and was driving with the windows down and enjoying the breeze while listening to some sinatra. Out of no where, this guy in a 350z pulls the houston driver move...cuts you off then breaks becuase traffic started to slow down. Now, keep in mind i am in a good mood..so i let it pass. Traffic clears up and the same damn guy pulling monkey **** all over again. i look over and its an older guy, prob 35-40 years old driving i would guess a 03-05 350z. (headlights and tails seemed to be from the older model). i look at the plates and it has one of those temporary ones so i guess this guy just bought this car used and excited to take it out on the highway.

Traffic starts to clear up and i figured wth...let me see what hes got. I put it in 2nd so i lose then delay when the truck is searching for the right gear and launch. then it began...his exhaust note was drowned by my banks symphony. it was a good race...by the time i shut down at about 80-82 mph..his front bumper was at my rear door.

The guy waved as he knew his Z was no match for the T and we parted ways...the end.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Maybe he should change his screen name to Mac the Knife, cause he cuts and slashes his way through the competition like O.J.!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe he should change his screen name to Mac the Knife, cause he cuts and slashes his way through the competition like O.J.!
ROFL! Sinatra is the man!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well..i was just cruising and enjoying the ride which is why sinatra was on. Changing the song when i started to race didn't cross my mind...

·
Super Moderator
160,635 Posts
The Z driver must have been listening to "Asleep at the Wheel". No way should a Z lose to a Titan.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didn't pull him over and get his number???
rofl...na. I just flashed him. Showed him some nip and continued on with my errand. lol

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Z driver must have been listening to "Asleep at the Wheel". No way should a Z lose to a Titan.
rofl, my thoughts exactly. which is why i posted this, this victory was every so sweet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 03-05's top end isn't really exciting. I used to own and 06 Z with the normal bolt ons, and I would pull about two lengths on some of my buddies with the same mods from a 30 to 120 roll. Don't get me wrong, they aren't the slowest things, but from my experience, the times I've seen with stock or even basic bolt on 03-05 Z's ranged from a "FREAKY" 13.9, to a normal 14.2 - 14.5, to a slow (for a Z) 15 plus (possibly driver error). With his mods, he should have easily given an older Z a run for it's money. Easily....

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
the 07+ are WAYYYY faster than any of the previous models. They all dyno quite a bit more horsepower at the wheels thanks to Nissan increasing the output. 07+ 350z's are mid 13 second cars, low 14 with bad driver and even down to low 13's (i know i don't believe it either but i'v e seen timeslips of 13.1's...)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o ya. the newer Zs would def put me to shame. I know the older Zs are stock high 5's low 6s stock, so i figured it wouldve been a good race.

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow 35-40 is an older guy you must be pretty young. seems like the "older guy" should have been listening to Sinatra

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow 35-40 is an older guy you must be pretty young. seems like the "older guy" should have been listening to Sinatra
well he was older compared to me. Been a fan of sinatra Since HS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts