Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be one of my greatest achievements to date (yes, I have always been an underachiever:). I am not sure what the politically correct name (minemay not be just right for it but it was one my wife suggested sooo...) for it so maybe you can help name it. All I really know is that it works fantastic for me and it might work for you too.

Attachments

Reactions: mark090852

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
lets call it the "markmark marker"

so you put a bump on the button?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I never had a problem with mine...

Beason you changed your sig picture, DISAPPROVE. I loved your old picture haha :teeth:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets call it the "markmark marker"

so you put a bump on the button?
Thanks Beason. Yes, now visual and tactile feedback enables me to quickly find the button among the four or five on the mirror which as you probably know also suffer from the same problem except for one that has a little green light.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Thanks Beason. Yes, now visual and tactile feedback enables me to quickly find the button among the four or five on the mirror which as you probably know also suffer from the same problem except for one that has a little green light.
Mine is different. i have the 06 and they are in the overhead console. nice big rubber nipples, and easy to find to.

You can see them in this pic. 3 buttons below the compas and temp readout.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can't seem to get my mirror to work on my garage opener????

Is there something wrong with these buttons I'm not aware of??

·
Registered
792 Posts
Can't seem to get my mirror to work on my garage opener????

Is there something wrong with these buttons I'm not aware of??
Well you have to go through a programming sequence with them.. You can't just hit them and get recognized by your garage door. Look through your manual and there should be instructions on how to do it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well you have to go through a programming sequence with them.. You can't just hit them and get recognized by your garage door. Look through your manual and there should be instructions on how to do it.
I've tried that several times and couldn't get it to work.
Had a buddy try it same thing????

My opener is a Genie brand with the rolling code software.

I thought maybe a button was bad tried using different ones same thing.

Any Ideas??

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I had to hold mine down for a long time, right up against the overhead console.

I think with the rolling code ones you have to use a button on the box in the garage, not the handheld.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I had to hold mine down for a long time, right up against the overhead console.

I think with the rolling code ones you have to use a button on the box in the garage, not the handheld.
You actually have to use both...You need to use the remote opener first and hold it up by the Homelink. Afterwards, you need to hit the button on the garage door opener itself then hold the same button on the Homelink.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You actually have to use both...You need to use the remote opener first and hold it up by the Homelink. Afterwards, you need to hit the button on the garage door opener itself then hold the same button on the Homelink.
Yep,
tried that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
my new genie door openers came with a red "fake" remote opener. I had to use it to program the code into my homelink, then program my remotes with the doors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This may be one of my greatest achievements to date (yes, I have always been an underachiever:). I am not sure what the politically correct name (minemay not be just right for it but it was one my wife suggested sooo...) for it so maybe you can help name it. All I really know is that it works fantastic for me and it might work for you too.
BRILLIANT! I'm gonna do that asap! Tired of fumbling in the dark and opening the wrong door half the time.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I don't get what the problem is. I just programmed the button to the right of the green light so it's easy to find at night. C'mon...really?...lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't get what the problem is. I just programmed the button to the right of the green light so it's easy to find at night. C'mon...really?...lol
I have two garage doors programmed and some remote controlled driving lights programmed on the third button. You're right, the button just to the right of the green light is easy to find in the dark. But the two on the left of the green light are not so easy...at least not so easy for me in the dark while sharply turning the wheel and feeling for slippage on a steely sloped icy driveway. It will be nice to not have to take my eyes away from the driveway at all to open the door...just reach forward for the "elevated" button.

But I'm one of those that can't chew gum and walk at the same time so maybe not many others would benefit from this "mod". :)

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I have two garage doors programmed and some remote controlled driving lights programmed on the third button. You're right, the button just to the right of the green light is easy to find in the dark. But the two on the left of the green light are not so easy...at least not so easy for me in the dark while sharply turning the wheel and feeling for slippage on a steely sloped icy driveway. It will be nice to not have to take my eyes away from the driveway at all to open the door...just reach forward for the "elevated" button.

But I'm one of those that can't chew gum and walk at the same time so maybe not many others would benefit from this "mod". :)
ROFLMAO...I like this guy !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts