Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i still am lost on how some of u get gas mileage in the upper teens. i just drove from st. pete to atlanta and got 15.3mpg. I had cruise set on about 77 with the air on the whole time. I wpuld have hoped for atleast 17 or so.

·
Super Moderator
159,813 Posts
SupraTitan said:
You will never see 17mpg going 75mph+ unless you have a strong tail wind. I get 17mpg going 65-70, 16 going 75 and 15 going 80. So it would seem your about on target.
These numbers are right in line for what I've seen too. I could just tickle the bottom side of 18 if I'd put the cruise on 65 and leave it. On a side note though, I used to be able to get 19 when I first got the truck. I haven't a clue as to why I can't now. Could be the 2* I got as the timing is about right for the change in mileage. Seems odd though, since others report an increase after the 2*. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't think the difference from 65 to 75 would make that big of a difference. I don't think it would be safe to go 65. you'd probebly get run off the road.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The best I have ever seen is 17.3, and that only happened once. Going slow(65-70) can consistantly pull 16.7-17.0mpg. Typical driving i get 15.5-16.0mpg. One thing I have noticed with this truck over the past 3yrs is that it reacts differently depending on the brand of fuel. I've never done better then 14mpg with Shell gas(multiple stations) its by far the worst in my truck. The majority of other fuels(mobil, exxon, chevron etc.) all fair identically and Irving fuel always pulls 1+mpg better then those.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
I've gotten nearly 18.5 mpg on a trip. But that was on back roads running at 60 mph. Go to 70+ and it drops to 15.5 or less.

·
Super Moderator
159,813 Posts
titanmike said:
i didn't think the difference from 65 to 75 would make that big of a difference. I don't think it would be safe to go 65. you'd probebly get run off the road.
Around here, 70 is the limit and it's 65 for the tractor trailers. You're running right with them. No big deal. And they don't speed much either. For them to make a living, they have to keep the mileage up too.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Combine that with a rim & tire package that weighs what about 100lbs & wider than stock tires. I saw almost a 2mpg decrease in h-way mileage post aftermarket rims/tires. While 19mpg’s was once obtainable "with stock tires/rims" conservative strictly h-way, 17mpg's is now common conservative driving h-way post/rim tire change. I find 72mph yields a good workable return with the 2.94 although it’s difficult speed to keep.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I drove through the night from Montana to California and got about 19 just a little lower . Don't know if the cold night air helps but that's the best I've seen . 15 to 17 is normal for me . I will admit I do kind of baby it now a days with gas creeping up in price .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was getting a horrid 13.5 to 14 mpg. in my Titan 4x4 crew cab city or open road. It was beginning to make me hate my Titan to be honest. So I decided to do something about it. I took it to the dealership and they said all is good and that is just what it gets. NOT THE ANSWER I WANTED!!! So I went online and purchased a Volant Cold Air Intake. Guess What? NOTHING AGAIN. So it just so happens my service engine soon light comes on. I take it back to the dealership. They tell me I need to have my entire fuel system replaced. I am at this time livid because my new truck needs this overhaul. They replace the system and to my surprise my truck stars getting 15 to 16 mpg. Can anyone tell me what the hell happened!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got 19.7 mpg 80% freeway on my 07 CC... All I have is the 2* advance and an amsoil drop in with box mod.... I would say I always am in the 18.5 - 19.5 range

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
haha i just did my mpg for the first time now and i only got 11.4 mpg average i have a heavy lead foot but maybe since i only have 2k miles it might get better as the truck gets broken in

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
titanmike said:
i still am lost on how some of u get gas mileage in the upper teens. i just drove from st. pete to atlanta and got 15.3mpg. I had cruise set on about 77 with the air on the whole time. I wpuld have hoped for atleast 17 or so.
Your mileage is about right. Pay no attention to those claiming 20 MPH. Only the mathematically challenged can get 40 MPH in a 5500 LB V8 truck....lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Oscar meyer has a way with BOLOGNA......... LMAO!
I ALWAYS get above 18 on the freeway. I drive between Atlanta and coastal VA several times per year going 70-80mph and have never gotten less than 18.5:domohit:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
It also depends on what options you have, Big tow, and four wheel drive will take away one or two miles per gallon each, thats why you here some guys with 2wd and no big tow getting 20MPH on the highway.

·
Banned
138 Posts
well, my truck is supposed to get 18 and i have only hit 14 even one time. i have never had a vehicle this far off as far as predicted mileage and actual mileage.

my 93 gmc claimed 19 and i got 18. my dodge claimed 21 and i got 19. if had known that the titans were so far off i would not have bought one because i was 50/50 between wanting a titan and a ram.

but i have it and i will keep it............

1 - 20 of 98 Posts