Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
My first tank in my brand new 2007 XC 4X4 yielded 15.8 MPG. Not bad considering it just turned 500 miles. My guess is that it will improve my 1-2 mpg after it breaks in a bit.

I will be missing my 06 Frontier CC 4X4 20 MPG with these prices. Oh well!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Baby it around town and I don't care what you have, you will do no better than 16 mpg. The only way to get 17+ is by doing highway driving... there's just too much mass to be accelerating all the time.

Andrew

·
Registered
976 Posts
i have an '04 CC 4x4 stock wheels non-bigtow and average about 15 on the nose, most of it is highway at average speed 75-80. I have seen 16, but rarely. When i bought the truck i was fully expecting to get about 13-14, and have never seen it, so i've been pleased to get what i've been getting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have taken multiple trips from school at Penn State, to home in Cincy, Ohio about 400 miles complete highway at about 75 mph the whole way and pulled a best 16 MPG. Not bad and I know if I slowed down I would be able to get a couple more miles per gallon...

The way I look at it is like this... you bought a truck and so you obviously did not have high gas mileage in mind,so what else did you expect? lol... so just enjoy it being the BADDEST truck on the road :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was really pleased to get 400miles on a tank without the low fuel light coming on. I hadn't done a full tank of freeway miles for a while and not since I installed my Peragon bed cover (they claim 10% increase). 400mi/22.73ga=17.6mpg. I tried to keep it under 75 most of the trip. I've had trouble getting 15mpg lately on mostly mountain roads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Oscar meyer has a way with BOLOGNA......... LMAO!
well...i guess you know EVERYTHING huh... damn and I used to be good at math... lets try it again... i have the receipt 442 miles used 22.35 gallons...19.7 guess i can still do math

·
Registered
795 Posts
titanmike said:
i still am lost on how some of u get gas mileage in the upper teens. i just drove from st. pete to atlanta and got 15.3mpg. I had cruise set on about 77 with the air on the whole time. I wpuld have hoped for atleast 17 or so.

air them tires up to 42 pounds, tank up with shell, and see if that don't help.

juma at a steady 20 mpg with a best of 24 mpg.

·
Super Moderator
93,308 Posts
2007 Stock KC 4x4 with Big Tow and the Offroad package, with about 700 miles on the odometer. My average trip is less than 10 miles and I'm averaging 12.8 mpg.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
jkcparker said:
well...i guess you know EVERYTHING huh... damn and I used to be good at math... lets try it again... i have the receipt 442 miles used 22.35 gallons...19.7 guess i can still do math
I take back my math comment then. That would make you plain ole FOS then! 20 MPG in a Titan is NOT happening! 2WD, 4WD, OR, no OR...not happening. I'm not too sure why all the FOS statements on this forum but.....those of us closer to reality can sit back and laugh because their not helping anyone with BS claims. And now we're hearing 24?...LMAO!!! You can air those puppies to 100 LBS...lol....unbelievable to think anyones' that far from reality.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I used to have a 2004 CC BT 4x2. Georgia to Michigan with the cruise on 65 I averaged between 18.5 and 18.9 if I remember correctly. The only 'mod' that could account for better mileage than standard was the tonneau cover.

Will be making the trip again in my 2006 CC BT 4x2 this June. Based on consumption so far (almost all local roads), I expect similar numbers.

Taking the Titan up to speeds over 65 or even 70 DOES have a dramatic effect on your fuel consumption.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I take back my math comment then. That would make you plain ole FOS then! 20 MPG in a Titan is NOT happening! 2WD, 4WD, OR, no OR...not happening. I'm not too sure why all the FOS statements on this forum but.....those of us closer to reality can sit back and laugh because their not helping anyone with BS claims. And now we're hearing 24?...LMAO!!! You can air those puppies to 100 LBS...lol....unbelievable to think anyones' that far from reality.
Wow! You are just a jackass. I get the mpg that I get becuase I dont drive like an idiot. Im sorry you cant do the same...I do have a question for you, the all knowing...Why the F would I lie about my MPG? Seriously what would I have to gain? Well enjoy you sh#tty milage.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
jkcparker said:
Wow! You are just a jackass. I get the mpg that I get becuase I dont drive like an idiot. Im sorry you cant do the same...I do have a question for you, the all knowing...Why the F would I lie about my MPG? Seriously what would I have to gain? Well enjoy you sh#tty milage.
I have no idea why you're so FOS. Maybe you're simply a backwoods hillbilly with a 6th grade education looking for some attention? Only you can answer that. What I will tell you is that it is impossible, regardless of how you drive, to get 24 MPG in a Titan...ANY Titan! LMAO...you lyin' :ftard:
With everyone else getting between 12 and 18 MPG, is everyone there dumb enough to think the rest of the free world is THAT gullable? lol....amazing!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hvt thats pretty funny, id lay off of him he only has 10 posts and maybe hes right he might be getting 24mpg with his truck sitting on top of a tow truck idling lol...or straight down hill...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
hvt thats pretty funny, id lay off of him he only has 10 posts and maybe hes right he might be getting 24mpg with his truck sitting on top of a tow truck idling lol...or straight down hill...
Yeah, lol...you may be right. I wonder what's gonna be next though....his truck can fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? May as well go balls out on the BS story huh?....lol.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
A long time ago, I once posted that I was getting 14.3 mpg, 80% city 20% hwy, I had at least three responses saying I should take it in because something was terribly wrong with that poor mileage....lol.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
sudden urge said:
A long time ago, I once posted that I was getting 14.3 mpg, 80% city 20% hwy, I had at least three responses saying I should take it in because something was terribly wrong with that poor mileage....lol.
You mean because their trucks, when accidently driven off a cliff, had its' tires flip up, a propeller appear from the hitch ans little wings sprouted from under the nerf bars as it glided on a cushion of air while the two little ones in the back seat suck on their Toot-Sweet pops? Yeah, maybe you SHOULD have your truck checked!!! lol.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts