Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I have no idea why you're so FOS. Maybe you're simply a backwoods hillbilly with a 6th grade education looking for some attention? Only you can answer that. What I will tell you is that it is impossible, regardless of how you drive, to get 24 MPG in a Titan...ANY Titan! LMAO...you lyin' :ftard:
With everyone else getting between 12 and 18 MPG, is everyone there dumb enough to think the rest of the free world is THAT gullable? lol....amazing!
wow you are really a D bag.... no where in any of my posts did I say I got 24 mpg...learn to read A hole... My post stated I got 19.7 mpg... I can do the math AGAIN for you smartass

·
Registered
29 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Yeah, lol...you may be right. I wonder what's gonna be next though....his truck can fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? May as well go balls out on the BS story huh?....lol.
Its people like you that make this site suck... Hey and by the way, thats a very informative an helpful post right there.....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
jkcparker said:
wow you are really a D bag.... no where in any of my posts did I say I got 24 mpg...learn to read A hole... My post stated I got 19.7 mpg... I can do the math AGAIN for you smartass
Read post #33. It was Juma who claimed a best of 24 MPG to which I commented on, your 19.7 MPG claim (even though your math should have yeilded you 19.8 if done correctly) is the FOS statement I was refering to. Downhill with the engine off.....ok, I'll buy that. You're driving an 07 SE CC, not a lighter stripped XE KC. And if the site sucks so much, why keep coming back to spew your BS here? You that bored?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I had an 05 LE CC 2wd no tow. My best was 19.8 going from Los Angeles up to Nevada, Utah and Arizona. I averaged around 18.5 with me, my wife, daughter with a full load in the bed and tonneau cover. I drove 95% on the highway at an average of 70 mph. Normal driving I averaged around 17.5 mpg with approx. 70% highway driving. I now own a 07 SE CC 4wd with BT and haven't seen 15 mpg ouch. I just put on a magnaflow and I'm going with a CAI for better mileage. I'm hoping I get better with break in period.

·
Registered
224 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Read post #33. It was Juma who claimed a best of 24 MPG to which I commented on, your 19.7 MPG claim (even though your math should have yeilded you 19.8 if done correctly) is the FOS statement I was refering to. Downhill with the engine off.....ok, I'll buy that. You're driving an 07 SE CC, not a lighter stripped XE KC. And if the site sucks so much, why keep coming back to spew your BS here? You that bored?
As much of an a$$hat that he is :evillaugh, HVT is right...24 mpg is NOT happening in these trucks unless it's coasting down a hill for over 400 miles. Best I've seen with a 2005 CC 2x4 LE is 18.25...and I WAS coasting down a mountain for a good bit of the time. I usually get 16.5 ish averaging 78 mph. I'd say 17 to 17.5 is easily doable if driving under 70.

·
Registered
801 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I take back my math comment then. That would make you plain ole FOS then! 20 MPG in a Titan is NOT happening! 2WD, 4WD, OR, no OR...not happening. I'm not too sure why all the FOS statements on this forum but.....those of us closer to reality can sit back and laugh because their not helping anyone with BS claims. And now we're hearing 24?...LMAO!!! You can air those puppies to 100 LBS...lol....unbelievable to think anyones' that far from reality.
I believe these guys. It is possible. Why are you so quick to put guys down over this subject? chillllllllllllll out

·
Registered
801 Posts
CajunMan2 said:
I've only had my 07 two weeks, but I am averageing 24MPG Highway mileage, thats cruising at 70MPH.
that's too good, your computer is hosed or something was up. If not, we all want your truck.

Tires, gears and add-ons - bug deflectors, push bars etc affect everybody's truck diff. Leveling kits and bigger tires kill mpg. 100% gas to 90-10 ethonal is going to make it worse. The truck learns its curve and if your hwy is flat, tires at 38, alignment is on and she's waxed up...stock xe 4*2 with 100% real gas should easy hit 20mpg at 65mph.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Well, I have to say, some of these guys that have been on here awhile should cool your jets.
I have had my truck a year and a half.
And, I do average about 18mpg on the highway, and my best was 21mpg.

I have an Armada front spoiler, and a tonneau cover. I have no idea if it helps, but those are my numbers, and I watch my numbers closely!

·
Premium Member
43,233 Posts
I myself avg around 16 with about 50/50 hwy/town. I do have a heavy foot and like to hear my engine roar!

I have heard alot of people claiming to get around 20 and I think It's possible with easy driving. Every Titan is different and some are going to get better mileage for no reason, so if someone claims to have gotten 24, I will be hesitant to belive it, but I'm definitly not going to flame them! It is totaly possible!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
CajunMan2 said:
I've only had my 07 two weeks, but I am averageing 24MPG Highway mileage, thats cruising at 70MPH.
You should have it checked out then. Those numbers suck! I'm actually getting 35 MPG around town! See how that works here on the internet? :hahano:

In all seriousness though, we're talking about, in some cases, over 10 MPG difference in claims here. Somethings definitely wrong. I've gotten as low as 7 MPG (towing) on up to 15 or so....with the latter achieved using cruise at well below the 70 MPH some of you speak of. I'll pay for the gas....that doesn't really bother me, but getting 20 MPG in these trucks is a myth at best. Try computing the numbers by what's on the pump instead of, and I think this is what some are doing, judging the gas amount used by the fuel guage.....that guage is so far off it's quite sad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it really necessary to bash some guy who claims he can get 20mpg?

20mpg is definitely possible, especially w/ 2wd non-BT/OR. I don't even think 24mpg is unreasonable on rare occassions for a lucky few though I might be a little skeptical of someone claiming to get this on a regular basis doing 70+mph but I wouldn't call them a liar without some better proof.

I have a CC 4x4 BT and since I bought my truck over a year ago I have averaged 15.00 mpg. My worst was 12.50 MPG and my best is 19.60 MPG though anything above 17 MPG is fairly rare for me.

If you want to question those #'s I can tell you that I recorded 85 fillups in the 415 days I had owned my Titan and spent $4,226.85 for 1487.505 Gallons of gas and have driven 23,364 miles as of my last fillup which averages out to 56.3 miles/day @ $0.19/mile or $10.19/day and that if I had kept my little 4 banger GMC Sonoma that averaged 24 mpg I would have saved $1,460.58 or $3.52/day because I am a geek who is fairly anal about keeping track of his mileage.

And yes I know that those numbers don't work out but I have lost 3 reciepts for fillups before I could record them which is why.

Of course the fact that I can tell you this is also why I can't understand anyone who says that they have to trade their Titan in on something more fuel efficient because of gas prices. My Titan is definitely worth more than $3.52 per day to me.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Wow everyone gets really good MPG but me. I tried driving like a sissy, even going 60 on the freeway but I keep averaging around 13mpg, 11 is my worst (that I actualy recorded). I have only sceen 15 mpg once on a 2 hour drive keepinng it around 65 with my foot really really light on the throttle and a nice tailwind.

I'm thinking of getting another vehicle to save on gas, $80 and multiple fillups per week and having gas bills higher than my truck payment just inst cutting it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FtWTitan said:
very true...not only is it off, but it jumps up and down alot too :blueblob:
Unfortunately, it's usually down! LMAO

Lost almost 3 MPG when I went from stock xe wheels to OR. Looks are soooo much better, though, so I really don't mind.

My next door neighbor has a ram quad cab and gets about 10 MPG. He's jealous, but his wife won't let him buy a titan..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hyperion said:
Of course the fact that I can tell you this is also why I can't understand anyone who says that they have to trade their Titan in on something more fuel efficient because of gas prices. My Titan is definitely worth more than $3.52 per day to me.
I thought about it recently and just couldn't do it. LOVE MY TRUCK! Thanks for putting it in mathematical terms.. Makes no sense to drive some puny truck for 3 bucks a day savings!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Hyperion said:

20mpg is definitely possible, especially w/ 2wd non-BT/OR. I don't even think 24mpg is unreasonable on rare occassions for a lucky few though I might be a little skeptical of someone claiming to get this on a regular basis doing 70+mph but I wouldn't call them a liar without some better proof.

I have a 2WD non BT/OR KC, and averaging 20 mpg is nonsense. I've hooked up software, and at times doing 60, it read 20-21 mpg, but that was cruising and feathering the gas pedal on a nice level road. As soon as you push the pedal down an 1/8", it read 15 mpg. With that said, I would believe 18 mpg, all level highway at 60 is possible, if you drove it like those people who stay in the passing lane doing 50mph in a 70 mph zone.

·
Super Moderator
34,636 Posts
sudden urge said:
Hyperion said:

I have a 2WD non BT/OR KC, and averaging 20 mpg is nonsense. I've hooked up software, and at times doing 60, it read 20-21 mpg, but that was cruising and feathering the gas pedal on a nice level road. As soon as you push the pedal down an 1/8", it read 15 mpg. With that said, I would believe 18 mpg, all level highway at 60 is possible, if you drove it like those people who stay in the passing lane doing 50mph in a 70 mph zone.
Getting 17 and 18 (best 18.804) on the highway is the norm for my CC Big Tow and that's driving like everyone else, not 60 in the slow lane.

I've never gotten worse than 12 MPG when it was new and average 15-16 overall.

I'm like Hyperion, I've kept extensive MPG records since the first fill up, missing a few along the way, since December of 2003. I have 38,000 now and am still on the SRA's, soon to be replaced by Michlein LTX.

I measure my MPG: number of gallons to fillup divided into miles traveled.

Take away the BT gearing and I believe 20 MPG is possible on the highway.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts