Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
You should have it checked out then. Those numbers suck! I'm actually getting 35 MPG around town! See how that works here on the internet? :hahano:

In all seriousness though, we're talking about, in some cases, over 10 MPG difference in claims here. Somethings definitely wrong. I've gotten as low as 7 MPG (towing) on up to 15 or so....with the latter achieved using cruise at well below the 70 MPH some of you speak of. I'll pay for the gas....that doesn't really bother me, but getting 20 MPG in these trucks is a myth at best. Try computing the numbers by what's on the pump instead of, and I think this is what some are doing, judging the gas amount used by the fuel guage.....that guage is so far off it's quite sad.
Well, I guess you don't believe in God then do you?? You can't see him, so he's a myth!!

On one tank of gas, and I say again one (1) I got 21 mpg!!!!

I average on the "Highway" 18 per tank!!!!!

And this is miles driven between fill ups! Top off the tank everytime!!

Number of miles divided by number of gallons pumped and topped off!!

I have a 96' Altima, and have gotten 36 mpg, which is way off from sticker MPG!!

Each vehicle is different, there are guys on here that average 12 mpg with the same options as someone else who gets 17 mpg.

Logic has to be removed from your thinking.

I guess, we'll have to agree to disagree!!:D

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
bbomar said:
Well, I guess you don't believe in God then do you?? You can't see him, so he's a myth!!

On one tank of gas, and I say again one (1) I got 21 mpg!!!!

I average on the "Highway" 18 per tank!!!!!

And this is miles driven between fill ups! Top off the tank everytime!!

Number of miles divided by number of gallons pumped and topped off!!

I have a 96' Altima, and have gotten 36 mpg, which is way off from sticker MPG!!

Each vehicle is different, there are guys on here that average 12 mpg with the same options as someone else who gets 17 mpg.

Logic has to be removed from your thinking.

I guess, we'll have to agree to disagree!!:D
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Claiming 36 MPG in a 96 Altima explains a lot though. I see a trend here.

*20 MPG would mean that with a 28 gallon fuel tank, you'd have to get 560 miles on a tank.....lol...no friggin' way! C'mon. HOW?!

·
Premium Member
92,376 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Claiming 36 MPG in a 96 Altima explains a lot though. I see a trend here.
How about 38 in an '06 Volvo S40? Non-turbo, of course. Does that compute? :lol:

In my truck, on a trip I can get upwards of 18. But poking around town, it's more like 12-13.5, depending on how Grandmotherish I drive.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
How about 38 in an '06 Volvo S40? Non-turbo, of course. Does that compute? :lol:

In my truck, on a trip I can get upwards of 18. But poking around town, it's more like 12-13.5, depending on how Grandmotherish I drive.
I'm not familiar with the Volvo. Besting almost 18 in your truxk is closer to reality than 20+.

·
Premium Member
92,376 Posts
Well, I take the high ground here. If I can get 18-18.5 with a loaded CC 4x4 BT/OR, a 2WD with no BT/OR can certainly get better mileage on the highway. Especially if it's a KC. That's just basic logic. So why is 20 MPG so umbelieveable? It's attainable. No problem.

·
Super Moderator
159,825 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Well, I take the high ground here. If I can get 18-18.5 with a loaded CC 4x4 BT/OR, a 2WD with no BT/OR can certainly get better mileage on the highway. Especially if it's a KC. That's just basic logic. So why is 20 MPG so umbelieveable? It's attainable. No problem.
I agree. The 500 RPM difference in those two at highway speeds is HUGE, relatively speaking. I don't see why a non BT truck like mine couldn't hit 20.

And my Volvo S60 2.5 Turbo can push 32+ on the highway. You ought to be able to get 36 out of your S40 no sweat.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well I guess there is something wrong with my non bt kc 2wd titan. I wasn't aware that it should exceed the sticker fuel mileage. Oh, and the 08 sticker is even lower, i wonder why. I'm taking it in tomorrow and bytch up a storm.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I have one of those 2WD No BT/OR KC's that you are speaking of. I average 18mpg city/hwy mix. It's easy...Just don't accelerate at high RPM's.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Man i just read through this thread . What a roller coaster of emotion. They should make movies with this much tension. I don't really have proof of my trip to Montana but I know what I know and that is I got 18.7 almost 19. I drove about 75 to 80 . Believe me I wanted to get through that 20 hour drive as soon as I could . I think I could get twenty if I slowed to 70. Seems like each truck is a little different. What we need to do is find a common thing like the "uprev" and see if those people got different MPG before, but the same afterwards. Just my 2 cents ..

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well anything is possible, but to exceed the sticker mpg estimates is very uncommon. That's why the rules were changed for 2008. The majority of drivers never came close to the older estimated mpg ratings. I understand why statements get challenged, especially when you fall into the average category.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My '04 XE consistently got 19-20 mpg, tank after tank. Granted, most of my mileage was interstate commute to and from work, but geez fellas. All I did to compute mileage was to fill the tank COMPLETELY full everytime and divide the trip odometer by the gallons pumped. The only ACCURATE way is to ensure that you have the same amount of fuel each time (hence filling up till it comes out). Now I have gotten as much as 521 miles from a tank before I got scared, then filled up with 25.08 gal (got gas all on my paint). I have not checked the mpg on my 07 CC w/big tow. It probably will not be as good as the reliable old '04 I traded for it, but it is a TRUCK. Gas mileage is not what it was made for!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
371 Posts
I have gotten a high of 18 mpg when driving 50-55 the whole tank on a highway.
I have also got 10 mpg driving 75 mph for the whole tank.
I average 13-14 mpg

I have only once ever got over 400 miles on a tank and that was with my 18 MPG

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know some of you are not believing the claims on the milage but here is my story.
I have an 06' se 4x4 none big tow. My truck runs about 1600 rpm @ 70.
I drove from Pittsburgh to the Outer Banks of NC last week and got 21.4 mpg on the way down and 20.2 on the way back. I drove 70-75 moh and did not use the cruise control.
My truck normally gets about 17.4 in normal driving conditions with the majority being highway driving.
My last truck was an 05' le Frontier and it got 23.5 for the same trip last year.
I also have an 05' Altima 3.5se and have gotten on several ocasions better than 34mpg on the highway. It consistantly gets 25 around town here.
Getting better than the sticker is always possible. If you read the sticker closly it says the ratings are average and some vehicles will acheive better than sticker.
If you still doubt this I invite you to ride along ( I will need to bil you for my time)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have an early '04 and have hit 18.6 on the highway on regular grade gas; so a non-BT 2WD KC version that was lightly loaded appears to be able to hit 21 or so. My truck is a CC, non-BT, and I have a soft tonneau cover on it.

I used to get 14.7 going back and forth to work, but that's dropped to 13.3, same route, same gas, so I think it's time for a call to the dealer to figure out what's going on. Might be an O2 sensor issue.

Not to hijack the thread here, but it appears that gas does make a difference. If I'm using cheaper gas, the mileage is somewhat better; I've seen about 1.5 MPG difference, which is barely out of the noise. Mid-grade gas doesn't seem to buy me any gas mileage. Anybody else have the same experience?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:

*20 MPG would mean that with a 28 gallon fuel tank, you'd have to get 560 miles on a tank.....lol...no friggin' way! C'mon. HOW?!
I have gotten 36mpg once or twice, usually get 31-33 on avg.
Maybe there's something wrong with your truck??

Don't know!?

·
Registered
367 Posts
04 XE, 4x4, 45k miles and I’ve never been over 17 mpg and I drive with a light foot. I consistently average right under 16 with most tanks consisting of 70% hwy miles. Good for you guys that always get 18, 19, 20+ mpg because I would love to own one of these magical Titans

By the way this is officially the last MPG thread I’m going to read on TT, because they do nothing but make me crazy.

·
Premium Member
43,252 Posts
krc333 said:
04 XE, 4x4, 45k miles and I’ve never been over 17 mpg and I drive with a light foot. I consistently average right under 16 with most tanks consisting of 70% hwy miles. Good for you guys that always get 18, 19, 20+ mpg because I would love to own one of these magical Titans

By the way this is officially the last MPG thread I’m going to read on TT, because they do nothing but make me crazy.
aww...come on! These are the best threads on here!
They change nothing and people get all worked up over it!:D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i dont know whats wrong with all you guys but my truck runs on magic beans... last time i filled up was when i bought it !

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well I went to the dealer today and complained about my non BT KC mileage. I demanded that they do something to get me above the sticker estimates of 14/19 mpg, and they said no problem. They offered me a straight up trade on an 07 Sentra...lol.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts