Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
sudden urge said:
Well I went to the dealer today and complained about my non BT KC mileage. I demanded that they do something to get me above the sticker estimates of 14/19 mpg, and they said no problem. They offered me a straight up trade on an 07 Sentra...lol.
now that's funny stuff :jester:

·
Registered
897 Posts
2006 KC 4x4 w/BT here. Driving back and forth to work 6 miles each way I get 12MPG. Just not enough time for the tranny to get warmed up. If the tranny isn't warmed up it won't go into OD.

On the freeway with no hills I get close to 18 MPG. Add in some hills and done to 17MPG. Been this way since I bought it.

A Titan without BT and 2x4 could get 20MPG on the freeway IMHO. I just know that I won't. Well, maybe after I get 100,000 miles on it and it finally gets broke in.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
i dont know whats wrong with all you guys but my truck runs on magic beans... last time i filled up was when i bought it !
What kind of beans?
great northern?
Pinto
kidney?

Come on give up the secret!!!:lol:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Wildmike said:
2006 KC 4x4 w/BT here. Driving back and forth to work 6 miles each way I get 12MPG. Just not enough time for the tranny to get warmed up. If the tranny isn't warmed up it won't go into OD.

On the freeway with no hills I get close to 18 MPG. Add in some hills and done to 17MPG. Been this way since I bought it.

A Titan without BT and 2x4 could get 20MPG on the freeway IMHO. I just know that I won't. Well, maybe after I get 100,000 miles on it and it finally gets broke in.
Would that 2X4 be pine? or Poplar?:lol:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Looks like it's time to make some.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well I went to the dealer today and complained about my non BT KC mileage. I demanded that they do something to get me above the sticker estimates of 14/19 mpg, and they said no problem. They offered me a straight up trade on an 07 Sentra...lol.
You know, on that note I fail to understand why the mpg estimates on the window sticker are the same for big tow vs. non big tow models. Same goes with 4wd. I would expect to see a 4wd BT mpg estimates to show 12-13 city and 15-17 hwy vs 14 city and 18 hwy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah i have a 07 KC 4x4 with tow and have never seen better then 14.5 mpg. i only have 1500 mi. on it and hoping it will get better soon(after break-in which should be about now) the first 2 tanks got me 13.8 and 13.2 mpg and that was babying it never going over 2k rpm. today i just filled up at a half tank (probably a third tank left as the gas guage sucks!) with 176mi on it, i just dont even wanna know this time....

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I have a CC 4x4 BT
It gets 16.5 hauling my empty car hauler across SoCal.
It gets 14.5 hauling a car.
Wrap the tach needle up, and watch the mileage fall like Don Imus' career.

Best I have ever seen is 17.5. Worst is 11.5.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would feel sooooo much better if i got just 16mpg just once so far. how are you guys managing that? does your rpm's never go above 1300? im still putting around in my truck for the break-in. hell i dont even know how fast it is, i haven't nailed it yet!

·
Registered
67 Posts
walleeme said:
I have a CC 4x4 BT
It gets 16.5 hauling my empty car hauler across SoCal.
It gets 14.5 hauling a car.
Wrap the tach needle up, and watch the mileage fall like Don Imus' career.

Best I have ever seen is 17.5. Worst is 11.5.
imus, lol what a bonehead! if i drove my truck like i drove my last car, i think i could get 8mpg maybe 7! ohwell

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Gotta be something wrong with mine! Think I can lemonlaw the thing after 2 1/2 years and 30k? lol
Well, yes there is!

It weighs more than mine!

I have a 1996! with 96,000k onit.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
This past weekend driving across the PA turnpike approximately 230 miles at approximately 82 MPH, I averaged 16.78 MPG. Note that the above miles and mph are corrected numbers due to my larger tires. (speedo really read 75 and odo read 208. I used an adjustment factor of 1.1.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
plumberemt said:
yeah i have a 07 KC 4x4 with tow and have never seen better then 14.5 mpg. i only have 1500 mi. on it and hoping it will get better soon(after break-in which should be about now) the first 2 tanks got me 13.8 and 13.2 mpg and that was babying it never going over 2k rpm. today i just filled up at a half tank (probably a third tank left as the gas guage sucks!) with 176mi on it, i just dont even wanna know this time....
Don't worry, i was avg. about 11-13 sometimes lower until I hit about 5000 miles, during that time, it slowly started going up.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
bbomar said:
What kind of beans?
great northern?
Pinto
kidney?

Come on give up the secret!!!:lol:

if you re read my post you will notice i did say the type of beans... MAGIC BEANS !!! or something else may work, get a bunch of beaners to push you ! lol

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
if you re read my post you will notice i did say the type of beans... MAGIC BEANS !!! or something else may work, get a bunch of beaners to push you ! lol
Are those anything like...... Magic Mushrooms???:lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
bbomar said:
Don't worry, i was avg. about 11-13 sometimes lower until I hit about 5000 miles, during that time, it slowly started going up.
hopefully so, the only thing i'll miss is watching the facial reaction of people when i tell them "oh i get about 12-13mpg":eeeek:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
bbomar said:
Are those anything like...... Magic Mushrooms???:lol:
the ones the chinese used to smoke ? to be honest throw just about anything in the tank thats flamable and i think it will run.. lol cats work too ! ha

81 - 98 of 98 Posts