·
Registered
7,353 Posts
came out sik brutha

Reactions: jessestylex

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man..I'm impressed. Like the way you left the top chrome. Very nice!!!

Reactions: jessestylex

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Was it easy to crack open an aftermarket headlight? Did you bake it in the oven or did you just use that heat gun in the pic?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was it easy to crack open an aftermarket headlight? Did you bake it in the oven or did you just use that heat gun in the pic?
it was a PITA man. i used my heat gun and just went around. once you get it started it gets easier. but it's something i never want to do again. once you melt the gasket sealer it gets all over your hands and you gotta watch and not get it on the headlights. then before you put it back together you have to heat it again and dig it out of the cracks so you can use the new sealer.

i would never try a oven, the stuff dries back to quick before you could pull it apart, heat gun is the best imo so you can heat and pull,heat and pull and so on.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I've done both baking and using the heat gun on stock headlights. The heat gun method does suck.

Great work man!

·
Registered
795 Posts
looks great man. i just did the headlight mod last night. did you ever think about painting the part white instead of the black...would have been real cool looking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts