Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First is the radiator cap hose. A very small leak, but a problem to look after. I took off the cap, removed the hose, inspected it, cleaned it off with a towel and inspected it again. Looks like coolant is just coming up between the radiator nipple and hoes, and comes out from the end of the hose. No cracks could be seen. And I even think the inside of the house has a metal core??

Also, when I removed my radiator cap, I noticed this brown gunk..it actually looks very simular to a wet brown paper bag. Anyone know what it is??

Next on the list, Tranny cooler line, and Coolant feed line. And some other line I don't know exactly what it is..

This is the coolant line on the bottom of the radiator (or trans cooler line?).. There is this brown crap, i assume dust/dirt but no physical evidence of any kind of liquid.. Any ideas?

This line has the same stuff on it..

I'm not sure which line this is. But it runs right infront and to the passanger side of the orange filter. Just has crap piled up on it. Again no signs of liquid anywhere..

And finally, This leak. I'm pretty sure it's the brake line, so please correct me if I'm wrong!!

These pictures were taken right where the driveshaft meets the transmision. The hose comes to the join, then two steel cables come off this joint. Not exactly sure how this system works, and also there is this "oil" crap everywhere. All on the driveshaft where the Ujoint is, and well the pictures can give you a better idea than what my words can. Any thoughts?? It's not a bad leak. I've left the truck sit for days on end, with NO drips on the ground. So this leak isn't a constant leak. And often I keep my foot on the brakes for a few minutes before I even leave my parking space and still no leaks under the truck. Again I assume this is a brake line, and my brake fluid is pretty much where it was when I topped it off a couple months ago when I changed my pads..

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Gee, if MySpace wasn't blocked here, I would be able to see those pics!! :D

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
How many miles on your truck?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
How much service has been done to the truck?
Have you looked at the service history of the truck?

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oil change: 3,777/6,923/11,544/16,002/22,520/27,333/32,964/37,103/40,874/46,029/53,645/59,415/67,187
Tranny fluid change: 40,874
Radiator flush: 32,964/51,721(new radiator)
Power Steering Flush: 51,721 (Power steering blew out roughly 51k miles, New PS pump)
Brake fluid flushed ?/67,187

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Looks like a trip to the shop/dealer...
Good luck.
Extended warranty is good for the '04's!!!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a "new production" truck..so is my warranty extend to 80k miles??

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Never heard of "new production"...

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I coulda swore I heard some other members talking about it.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm I thought more people would chime in. lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is not any sort of answer for you, but it looks like you have a FRAM oil filter...i have heard nothing but bad things about fram oil filters. If you want your truck to last get a wix/napa gold.

Regarding the coolant gunk, SRT vehicles in 06 had that same problem and the fix was a coolant additive...so check into that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts