Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Friday I got my new Tech12Volts box installed. James is definitely very customer and quality oriented. He was able to squeeze me in on this short week. I only wished I had waited for the new style boxes he will be offering. A girlfriend of mine tonight said the box looked factory. She really liked the sound too.
This was just your simple clean install. Aron-Lee is going to be a great installer one day as long as he stays with James. They worked well together. James spliced the LOC under the drivers seat after removing the factory sub. The Sundown 100.2 was located under the passenger seat. All the cables were run down the side channels and the power cable was run through the firewall on the passenger side. The fuse block was attached to the factory fuse box cover in the engine compartment. The remote cable was spliced into the fuse box next to the glove box. The speaker wire was run down the passenger channel to the rear of the cab and brought forward from the center of the back wall. The sub control was under the knee panel on the driver's side close to the center console.
I got the pleasure of driving 3 1/2 hours home to a much better sounding system than the stock RF system. James even called me to see how I was liking it and whether I had made it through Jacksonville during rush hour traffic on a Friday safely.
Now I only have to save up to finish replacing the speakers and head unit.

Now for some pictures.

Thank you again James. You will definitely be hearing back from me for the next step.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
That looks great!! I wish I had been able to drive out to have James install my sub and amp! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sweet! It looks nice and clean!

I'm sure its a huge improvement!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Quite a nice setup you have there. I like that ANL fuse holder where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Quite a nice setup you have there. I like that ANL fuse holder where did you get it?
SOundquest. It come in a wiring kit thats very affordable.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I don't like my Knu Holders, Their wire is so thick it barley fits and if you don't cut it to exactly the right length it kinda pulls out of the holer and you have exposed 0ga. I screwed with mine for hours before jsut wrapping electrical tape around the exposed part but it looks a bit sloppy. Also how is that one mounted? I used Industrial strength velcro so I could remove them (I have 2 ) if I need to change a fuse, unfortunately the wire is too heavy so it kind of pulls them to an angle and looks crappy, but they are not going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
I don't like my Knu Holders, Their wire is so thick it barley fits and if you don't cut it to exactly the right length it kinda pulls out of the holer and you have exposed 0ga. I screwed with mine for hours before jsut wrapping electrical tape around the exposed part but it looks a bit sloppy. Also how is that one mounted? I used Industrial strength velcro so I could remove them (I have 2 ) if I need to change a fuse, unfortunately the wire is too heavy so it kind of pulls them to an angle and looks crappy, but they are not going anywhere.
we screwed them to the fuse cover . very shoert screws and we left enough slack in the wire that you can still get to the fuses with it mounted there.

dude i am sure i have one of these laying around. shoot me your address and i will send you one to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.