Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my kit from HIDextra.com and got them for a "black friday" price of 30.00$ each. I got 8000k for my fogs and 6000k for my low beams (both are 35w).
At first they sent me the wrong bulbs, the opposite temperatures from what I ordered. So I called them up, explained to them what the issue was, all they asked was that I emailed them the photos of the wrong bulbs. They sent me new ones and I sent the old ones back. Really as painless as possible, they made it really easy.

Heres a pic of the Differance

And heres the finished product.

The Install was easy. simply mount the ballast, plug & play!

PS I LOVE the way they look!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
frankigi, they looking really good man! I gotta get mine now so they can match my Led Halo Rings

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
wow, those look very nice... wonder what the fog reflection or penetration would be like... I have crazy pea-soup fog all winter long, so it's a must that I have good lighting equipment... gonna do more research...
Do you want them to match?

If I had to deal with fog all the time, I would get something like the 3500 lights. I would think the 6 or 8K in the fogs would be too reflective and make them almost useless in the fog.

frankigi, it looks good!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Do you want them to match?

If I had to deal with fog all the time, I would get something like the 3500 lights. I would think the 6 or 8K in the fogs would be too reflective and make them almost useless in the fog.

frankigi, it looks good!
don't really need them to match, except in color projection... I may just get a set for the non-fog season and run the stocker during the winter...

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
don't really need them to match, except in color projection... I may just get a set for the non-fog season and run the stocker during the winter...
The 3500s will NOT match color output!

They will be a yellowish color, but I would bet, way better for fog!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey what all do I need to order for my 07 titan se? Its talking about buy a cancelling relay harness and all this other stuff......kinda lost all I want is the white diamond look

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
hey what all do I need to order for my 07 titan se? Its talking about buy a cancelling relay harness and all this other stuff......kinda lost all I want is the white diamond look
Where you ordering from?

I didn't need anything else, don't know that others did either. Just a simple plug n play!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I got 8000k for my fogs and 6000k for my low beams (both are 35w).
I'm a little confused...Why such a hi temp for the fogs?....Wouldn't 4500-5000 put out more light and whiter?

Same question for the low beams, why do you want a blue tint when you actually get more light output from a lower temp?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a little confused...Why such a hi temp for the fogs?....Wouldn't 4500-5000 put out more light and whiter?

Same question for the low beams, why do you want a blue tint when you actually get more light output from a lower temp?
Personal preference. I wanted the blue tint.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I made my order just now it was 49.99 went with white diamond cause alot people in my town did the blue style
I'm thinking I'm best off getting the 6k's for all bulbs, don't want the blue tint to draw more attention from the Highway Patrol than I already have being lifted, loud tires, loud exhaust, mini train horn, etc, etc, etc...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get them fromand price and is 8k very blue?
Did you even read my original post :huh:? If you did, the answers are in the first sentence for two of your questions. :readclose

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm thinking I'm best off getting the 6k's for all bulbs, don't want the blue tint to draw more attention from the Highway Patrol than I already have being lifted, loud tires, loud exhaust, mini train horn, etc, etc, etc...

i see:teeth::teethmast

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it was a good run, made it a little more than a year with out any problems but
One of my fog lights has lost the 'color' in it. I Emailed HIDextra asking them for a new bulb. I hope they get back to me soon.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well it was a good run, made it a little more than a year with out any problems but
One of my fog lights has lost the 'color' in it. I Emailed HIDextra asking them for a new bulb. I hope they get back to me soon.
I recently had a ballast go bad within a year of purchase. Once I completed their RMA procedure, they shipped my replacements out. And the postal service lost them... But after a few weeks I sent an email explaining what happened and they shipped another ballast out no charge. When the 2nd replacement showed up, their were 2 in the box. That is some damn fine customer service! Let me know if you need another email address for them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I recently had a ballast go bad within a year of purchase. Once I completed their RMA procedure, they shipped my replacements out. And the postal service lost them... But after a few weeks I sent an email explaining what happened and they shipped another ballast out no charge. When the 2nd replacement showed up, their were 2 in the box. That is some damn fine customer service! Let me know if you need another email address for them.
Thanks. They already go back to me. Its really cold out for me to start trouble shooting and see if its the ballist or bulb that went bad.
Did they make you send back the old ones? and if you did, did you send only the one that was bad, or bor because they sent you a set?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts