Nissan Titan Forum banner

My new Majestic Blue 07' 4wd BIG TOW CC SE!

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  killcatzforfun 
#1 ·
I'm normally not one to bragg but, I gotta say it.... I got 2 Titans now, yeah!
I traded the wifes 06' Altima for my new blue beauty. She was worried about crash safety with our new little boy so I suggested trading in her car for the Titan, it worked! Now shes feels safer driving the 04'
I have a few questions though? 1) Why doesnt the truck say 4x4 anywhere on the body? 2) Can a DVD player be installed? where would the head unit go?
3) Can I put the leveling kit that I bought for my 2wd Titan on my 4wd?
4) Can the big tow mirrors be replaced with the standard sized ones?
Any help would be great. I'll post some pics in a minute.

#3 ·
Great looking truck, I love that color. I think the only Titans that say 4x4 are those with the off road package.

#4 ·
Nice truck there, but my keen eye tells me thats a Tundra you're parked next to?! Anyways, to answer no#'s 1,Who cares if it says 4x4, its better that it doesn't, that way you can suprize them all when you do what 4x4's can without advertising.
2, A DVD player can be installed if you don't have the RF system,, how ever there are guys on here that have DVD players installed on theres(RF) as well. For the CD player unit, with I doubt you have, you can run the external unit from the center consol or from under the driver seat.
3,The big tow mirrors can be exchanged for the regular ones but probably wouldn't work if other truck is not equipped with power mirrors. I hope this helps any. I hate to see questions unanswered.

#5 ·
Good eye! The father-in-law and I both went truck shopping this weekend.
I tried to get him into the Nissan dealership first because thats what he was originally interested in but, the 8'1" bed is what reeled him in. I think he paid too much (around 40k, i didnt pry) but he had a 350 superduty box truck he wanted to trade and I doubt they gave him the 18k he was looking for.
My honest opinion on the Tundra: its huge! the motor looks pretty stout (kinda like a 8 pack of abs under the hood), interior is as big as my CC and his is the standard cab I think. Don't like the color he actually wanted a green one ( high presure sales you kinda get what they have and will give you a deal on.) Cheap rims and tires-michelins/steel rims
Take a look at it on my cardomain site.http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628408 not a Titan though!:rolleyes:

#6 ·
BULLTITAN said:
Nice truck there, but my keen eye tells me thats a Tundra you're parked next to?! Anyways, to answer no#'s 1,Who cares if it says 4x4, its better that it doesn't, that way you can suprize them all when you do what 4x4's can without advertising.
2, A DVD player can be installed if you don't have the RF system,, how ever there are guys on here that have DVD players installed on theres(RF) as well. For the CD player unit, with I doubt you have, you can run the external unit from the center consol or from under the driver seat.
3,The big tow mirrors can be exchanged for the regular ones but probably wouldn't work if other truck is not equipped with power mirrors. I hope this helps any. I hate to see questions unanswered.
Thanks for the answers Bull! RF system?whats that? I've got the popular package w/ big tow. Do know about the leveling kit?

#7 ·
BigA said:
Great looking truck, I love that color. I think the only Titans that say 4x4 are those with the off road package.
whats the big differance with the offroad package? can I add it?
I was actually looking at getting the factory installed pro comp 6" lift with 33's, they had the majestic blue 4x4 in the garage Friday night doing the install bt would not be done until today because they were waiting on the rims and tire package from pro comp. I couldnt get financed for it because the bank would not reconize the lift as adding value??? and it didnt have the pop package and big tow. Oh well maybe I can convince the dealership to install the same lift on my truck for cost? hell I've bought 4 tru:upsidedow cks from them!

#8 · (Edited)
jasonmotox said:
Thanks for the answers Bull! RF system?whats that? I've got the popular package w/ big tow. Do know about the leveling kit?
The RF system is Rockford Fosgate. I got a '04 XE w/ single CD player so I replaced it w/ 6.5 JVC DVD player and I'm still undecided on the two head rest monitors or 13" over head monitor. The leveling kit you might wanna check with the shop you bought it from but I think it should work. Someone else may chime in with the right answer for you.

#9 ·
BULLTITAN said:
The RF system is Rockford Fosgate. I got a '04 XE w/ single CD player so I replaced it w/ 6.5 JVC DVD player and I'm still undecided on the two head rest monitors or 13" over head monitor. The leveling kit you might wanna check with the shop you bought it from but I think it should work. Someone else may chime in with the right answer for you.
Thanks Bull, if the money is there I'll go with 2 head rest monitors, more comfy on the neck.

#10 ·
jasonmotox said:
whats the big differance with the offroad package? can I add it?
I was actually looking at getting the factory installed pro comp 6" lift with 33's, they had the majestic blue 4x4 in the garage Friday night doing the install bt would not be done until today because they were waiting on the rims and tire package from pro comp. I couldnt get financed for it because the bank would not reconize the lift as adding value??? and it didnt have the pop package and big tow. Oh well maybe I can convince the dealership to install the same lift on my truck for cost? hell I've bought 4 tru:upsidedow cks from them!
The biggest differance is that you get a electronic rear locker and skid plates with the offroad package along with differant wheels. You would have to switch out your rear end to add it, if your doing a lot of off roading I would get a true trac which is an aftermarket locker that can be easily added.

#11 ·
BigA said:
The biggest differance is that you get a electronic rear locker and skid plates with the offroad package along with differant wheels. You would have to switch out your rear end to add it, if your doing a lot of off roading I would get a true trac which is an aftermarket locker that can be easily added.
Thanks A! I was thinking of adding the True Trac to my 2wd, hell with that now. I dont do that much offroading so just the 4wd should do. If i get stuck a few too many times i'll add the true trac to the 07', I definitly want a nice sturdy skid plate, not too thrilled with the factory one though.

#13 ·
Tonka Titan said:
If you wanna trade your big tow mirrors for regulars ones, pm me.
let me see if I cant get use to these, if not I'll keep you in mind for sure.

#15 · (Edited)
06BLIZZARD said:
That color really does it for me. It would look bad azz with a nice lift. Congrats.

Agreed. You know it's the best color for a Titan, right? ;)

PRE mods:
POST mods:

I was lucky enough that I got to finance my ProComp Stage2 lift, the Nerf Bars, and the 18" wheels and 35X12.50 Hankook MTs.

1) I personally wouldn't want 4X4 all over my truck...if people can't tell it's built for four-by country, they need to just drive their cars and keep their mouths shut!
2) A DVD can be installed. I haven't done this yet because I have one of those dual-monitor DVD players like you can get at Walmart for $170...but when I do want to do it right, it will be with screens in the headrest and the HU in the center console.
3) I'm not sure, but I don't think your leveling kit is going to fit the front of your 4X...it will on the rear, but not the front IMO. (I could be wrong...)
4) Yes, you can swap out the BT mirrors, but only with the LE (I believe) because as far as I know, they're the only ones with power mirrors in standard mirror form. It took me a while to get used to the BT mirrors, but you know, after you get used to them and drive something that doesn't have them, you find yourself moving around alot trying to see what you can't see out of a standard mirror...(I'd keep 'em if I were you!)

Nice truck dude!

Psychlone

#16 ·
the 2wd level kit will NOT work w/ the 4wd. it would be too high and over extend your shocks.

#17 ·
Psychlone said:
Agreed. You know it's the best color for a Titan, right? ;)

PRE mods:
POST mods:

I was lucky enough that I got to finance my ProComp Stage2 lift, the Nerf Bars, and the 18" wheels and 35X12.50 Hankook MTs.

1) I personally wouldn't want 4X4 all over my truck...if people can't tell it's built for four-by country, they need to just drive their cars and keep their mouths shut!
2) A DVD can be installed. I haven't done this yet because I have one of those dual-monitor DVD players like you can get at Walmart for $170...but when I do want to do it right, it will be with screens in the headrest and the HU in the center console.
3) I'm not sure, but I don't think your leveling kit is going to fit the front of your 4X...it will on the rear, but not the front IMO. (I could be wrong...)
4) Yes, you can swap out the BT mirrors, but only with the LE (I believe) because as far as I know, they're the only ones with power mirrors in standard mirror form. It took me a while to get used to the BT mirrors, but you know, after you get used to them and drive something that doesn't have them, you find yourself moving around alot trying to see what you can't see out of a standard mirror...(I'd keep 'em if I were you!)

Nice truck dude!

Psychlone
Thanks for the answers! sweet truck by the way!

#18 ·
Hey Jasonmotox, nice ride, i like the color. I'm looking to swap the regular chrome SE mirrors on my 06 CC 4x4 for BT ones, SE to SE is perfect, heat, power will all work; I did the reverse about 2 years ago but the lease is almost up so i want to put the BT units back on. I couldn't get use to the BT mirror and found the regular mirror worked better for me. The swap is real easy, takes about 15min per door. I ship a ton of stuff with UPS and get great rates and would cover all the express shipping so down time would be 1 day. PM me if interested, can walk you through the steps as well.

cheers,

#19 ·
you guys are crazy, i cant remember what it was like on my 05 xe without bigtow...but i love my dumbo ear mirrors...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.