Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent posted any pictures of my truck on here yet so I decided to start with that. I have an 04 4X4 King Cab and have enjoyed every bit of it. I have quite a bit of performance mods done to it but I think this one is gonna be by far the best. I have decided to change out my 2.94 gears with some 4.10's and a truetrac, so I have been taking pictures as I go. Heres what I got so far:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
You have big tow mirrors did you put those on there after? If not you should have 3.36 gears.

This is going to what I do next too. What are you doing about front gears?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have big tow mirrors did you put those on there after? If not you should have 3.36 gears.

This is going to what I do next too. What are you doing about front gears?
I put them on about a month ago....Well superior is coming out with some 4.10 front gears so Im just gonna wait to use my 4X4 till then.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Bad part of this is, the spiders are the weak link in these diffs, sure it is nice to have lower gears, but all for naught if the spiders don't hold up. To go with the gears when no other front diff gears are avail, and so much modification to put in aftermarket gears in the rear, it is almost not worth it to me to change. Hoopers is the only one I know that will do such a mod, and with no front gears avail? Whats the point?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Right on. That's my plan as of right now. Keep me posted how it goes. I'm also curious of what RPM's you will be turning at highway speeds. I think that 4.10's may be a little on the low side for 70+ MPH.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad part of this is, the spiders are the weak link in these diffs, sure it is nice to have lower gears, but all for naught if the spiders don't hold up. To go with the gears when no other front diff gears are avail, and so much modification to put in aftermarket gears in the rear, it is almost not worth it to me to change. Hoopers is the only one I know that will do such a mod, and with no front gears avail? Whats the point?
Like he said im installing a truetrac which replaces the weak link! I already spoke with superior gears and he assured me just like many of us on this site that they are coming out with them in the next few months. This axle wont be put on for another month or so. That means if all goes well I will only have to wait a month or two before the fronts come out.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
my god i love that green
Me too man, I wish I had any of the exclusive colors. A Sedona Crew Cab Titan parked next to me today when I stopped into Lowes and its so awesome looking, there was a Canteen 4x4 at the other end of parking lot too, ironic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts