Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive parted with my Titan, but not forgotten, i will be on the lookout for the next generation Titan, hopefully a diesel is introduced, that way i can save and hopefully pay cash for it. In the mean time i bought me a long time (have to have) truck 1975 F250 4X4. rebuilt 390, Magnaflow exhaust, power steering, power brakes, recent clutch; 4spd, recent brakes all around, recent u joints and family owned since 1977. $2,000.00. This thing is a blast to drive, it pulls pretty hard throughout the gears, but its meant for low end grunt. Ive been cleaning it up a little here and there. Painted the original rims, pressure washed the chassis and chemical cleaned, spent 10 bottles of rubberized undercoating, painted the leaf springs and axles (4.10). Let me know what you guys think . I will post more pics later.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more pics. these are of course after painting bumpers, removing the jeep style tires and 2 piece rims and installing the original 16x6 rims( i know they are narrow, but trying to decide on what wheel/tire combo to go with) and doing some chassis cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Man I love it, and that bumper is awesome.

·
Registered
893 Posts
nice truckkk.. i been trying to sell my uncles 69 with the OG engine in it and no one wants it :-\.. i think its a bad *** f100 storm trooper

sorry for the thread jack :-\

·
Registered
615 Posts
nice truckkk.. i been trying to sell my uncles 69 with the OG engine in it and no one wants it :-\.. i think its a bad *** f100 storm trooper

sorry for the thread jack :-\

My uncle just got a 72 or 74 f100, not sure which but he got it as payment for a job he did. It ran, but not too good. He is basically putting a new motor in it. He also put in a new power steering..it's a 3 on the tree. This thread reminded me of it and they are badass lookin trucks. I'm going to see it this weekend to check the progress. How does the 69 run??? What work does it need?

Like the 250 too, man they don't make steel like they used to.

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Very nice shape for the age. I would throw a set of 33's on her.Here in the salt belt these trucks are extinct,you can't find them they are all rotted out. Years back I had a 77 F150 4x4 w/ 351windsor mated to a four speed,first was granny gear...fun truck. These trucks did not have any creature comforts but were certainly work horses. Enjoy the new ride, keep us updated with any new mods.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wow, great color. Shine that sucker up. Good find.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
nice trucks... the 250 keep as stock as possible, it has a nice paint job and I love that bumper too... maybe like you said some meatier tires

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its been a short while but ive some updates on her, rebuilt carb. (runs even smoother) changed plugs etc. got a set of Federal Cong.?.. Mt tires (33's) and a set of Aluminum classic rims (correct me if im wrong), Im going to have the leaf springs bent back to the original specs, after 36 years the springs settled a bit. ............. Im thinking of painting it, the upper half from the top of the trim in the middle black and the lower part a charcoal gray, let me know if anyone here can photoshop it or even forget about painting it and leave it the same or even paint it the original color. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Its been a short while but ive some updates on her, rebuilt carb. (runs even smoother) changed plugs etc. got a set of Federal Cong.?.. Mt tires (33's) and a set of Aluminum classic rims (correct me if im wrong), Im going to have the leaf springs bent back to the original specs, after 36 years the springs settled a bit. ............. Im thinking of painting it, the upper half from the top of the trim in the middle black and the lower part a charcoal gray, let me know if anyone here can photoshop it or even forget about painting it and leave it the same or even paint it the original color. Here are some pics.
I think charcoal gray & black would be niice!! Although I'd have the top charcoal that blends into the black on the bottom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts