Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went out to the track tonight to try to see what happened. i still have an open diff so that is half the problem. the truck hauls *** on the street but i just smoked the hell out of the tires at the track. i only got two runs. i have some 20s on the truck with some 315 michelins on them. they hook decent on the street.

only two runs in, one was 14.7 at 99 and one was 14.4 at 98.5. both runs i had to let off the gas twice in first gear and just let the truck stop spinning.

i had a crappy 2.67 and 2.4 60 foot times. booo!!!! for the open diff..

i am used to running 10 second cars on 28 inch slicks so its hard to baby it.

now the weird thing and this is the only time its happened to me ever is that the truck would NOT shift into 4th gear at the track. it would just stay in 3rd about 100 feet short of the traps. it would not do anything else.

i think i am going to just enjoy this truck and not turn it into an obsession with speed like my other couple cars have become. it all starts like this. now i have a fully caged drag 350z and a no AC , no powersteering twin turbo G35 that are barely even street legal...

:)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just get some DR's and a tru-trac, you will definitely need them! Hey do you have any sound clips of your truck yet with and without open exhaust?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Audible Mayhem said:
well went out to the track tonight to try to see what happened. i still have an open diff so that is half the problem. the truck hauls *** on the street but i just smoked the hell out of the tires at the track. i only got two runs. i have some 20s on the truck with some 315 michelins on them. they hook decent on the street.

only two runs in, one was 14.7 at 99 and one was 14.4 at 98.5. both runs i had to let off the gas twice in first gear and just let the truck stop spinning.

i had a crappy 2.67 and 2.4 60 foot times. booo!!!! for the open diff..

i am used to running 10 second cars on 28 inch slicks so its hard to baby it.

now the weird thing and this is the only time its happened to me ever is that the truck would NOT shift into 4th gear at the track. it would just stay in 3rd about 100 feet short of the traps. it would not do anything else.

i think i am going to just enjoy this truck and not turn it into an obsession with speed like my other couple cars have become. it all starts like this. now i have a fully caged drag 350z and a no AC , no powersteering twin turbo G35 that are barely even street legal...

:)
Keep up with the One Wheel Peel and we can have some good heads up racing after my header install tomorrow. Sorry I didn't make it, I was cutting the heat shields off tonight and spraying the bolts. These headers sure are purdy, I think you need a pair, lol. Glad to see you finally made it to the track and the times are actually better than I thought with the open diff. Hope you had fun, see you out there soon and maybe I can video it for you next time.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah, i think i am going to chill with the money spent on the tow vehicle for my real car. haha, this is how it all starts....

my truck hooks up soo much better on the street than it does at ole bithlo.

thats always been the case there with street tires. i will have my Z running in less than a month with 800rwhp. it should go low 9s to high 8s. now THAT is going to be fun!!

i have videos of both runs. it looks like i dont go anywhere at first, then i was pulling and beat a 5.0 mustang and was chilling right next to a chic in an auto C5 vette that trapped 105.

i honestly think that with traction and tires and shifting into fourth gear (hahaha, that sounds like a lot of money) , the truck would go 13.2-13.4 at 103-104ish.

Papa_D said:
Keep up with the One Wheel Peel and we can have some good heads up racing after my header install tomorrow. Sorry I didn't make it, I was cutting the heat shields off tonight and spraying the bolts. These headers sure are purdy, I think you need a pair, lol. Glad to see you finally made it to the track and the times are actually better than I thought with the open diff. Hope you had fun, see you out there soon and maybe I can video it for you next time.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
if you have the big toe rear end you will shift into 4th with drag radials.. but not with 31" street tires.. plus shifting into another gear = bad imo just nother 1/2 second of sloppy shifting to go thru..
don't give up yet, all u need is some mickey thompson e/t street drag radials and trutrac locker then ya can call it a day :) they have a nice 17" size i wanna try but im outta funds.. think thier like 26" tall which will put me shifting into forth probably even with the little toe rear end :/

im laying off the dragracing for a while also till i can get the jim wolf cams installed then time for some N/A 13's!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Sounds like need to get rid of that speed limiter and get sticky tires. As I'm pretty sure your were losing traction thru the 1/8th. What was the 1/8 times and speed? HOw about 1000ft? Was the 2.4 the 14.7 or the 14.4 qtr?

Forth gear at WOT won't happen until like 100mph on speedo. Some shorter tires will help and a UpRev reflash for speed limiter removal.

Keep trying it's a new truck and it does have it's temperment.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see, the truck felt like it was hitting a speed limiter, but i know we had the truck up to 120 or so on the highway the other day joking around.

my 1/8 miles were both 79 mph, i had a 2.4 on the 14.4 and a 2.6 on my first run. i know for a fact the street tires hook up better on the street than at the track.

where is the speed limiter and is it only if you run through all the gears??

honestly if its not the trans , then that makes me happy. i have some shorter tires on there than stock right now. i think they are 315/40or45/20s.

this is just my make sure i get there vehicle, i have a couple toys, i just dont want to break my reliable one ;)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
speed limiter is 114 on a stock ecu, uprev can remove it for ya, which will be needed to run drag radials and not hit it.. my truck thinks it's going like 125mph in the 1/4 mile cause of the 28" tires..

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Audible Mayhem said:
see, the truck felt like it was hitting a speed limiter, but i know we had the truck up to 120 or so on the highway the other day joking around.

my 1/8 miles were both 79 mph, i had a 2.4 on the 14.4 and a 2.6 on my first run. i know for a fact the street tires hook up better on the street than at the track.

honestly if its not the trans , then that makes me happy. i have some shorter tires on there than stock right now. i think they are 315/40or45/20s.

this is just my make sure i get there vehicle, i have a couple toys, i just dont want to break my reliable one ;)
Thanks for posting back...79 in 1/8th is good mph. I've owned two sets of street tires now the 285/60/18 GY Forteras 600+ treadwear I did not need to heat to stick (1.94-2.04 60ft)....the 325/55/20 Kumho ESTCA I do but have not hit 1.9 since the drop kit and 20's were installed. Also many of us driving and posting are driving our daily drivers too...We Know and hear what your saying....LOL :cheers:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Jeremy please post the videos would ya?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
hay what size drag radials should i plan on looking for in the future. ( i assume on 17" rims?) I have rhe big tow gearing and obviously be needed an uprev speed limit fix, but wondering what size for big tow. thnx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Audible Mayhem said:

Are you running the truck in drive or 4th.? My truck holds on to 3rd. way too long under full throttle when it's in drive. If I run it in 4th it shift's fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts