Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, check it out, I have been on TitanTalk for I guess about 8 months now and all though I have had a few problems with my T I love this truck. I finally got my taxes in and was planning on doing the lift and tires and maybe some other odds and ends stuff along with alot of Bedlined parts.

Well needless to say some idoit yesterday afternoon decided it would be a great idea to run a red light on a cross street on to a main road and boom, I T-Boned him. I am waiting for the insurance companies estimate now but wanted to let you guys know I might be out of the game for a little while. My personal opinion from looking at the truck, I think they will total it but not sure. The impact definetly push the engince bay back and shifted a little so we will see. Just wanted to say though other then the whiplash, I think this is the safest I have ever felt in a accident. Props to the T on that.

Some pictures below for your enjoyment.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Damn....that sux glad you're ok

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Glade your ok, can always replace the truck.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Glad you are okay. All too familiar to me. I t-boned a gal running about 65 in Dec. of 09. Insurance adjuster totaled my truck. Your's isn't quite as bad as mine was, but nevertheless, it still sucks. Hope everything works out in your favor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
It's sad to see.. Glad you're all right bro'. Makes you wanna invest in a all steel bumper. :) Don't know what clowns are thinking running red lights. Hopefully that fool learned a lesson about redlights and big truck.

L

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it looks like insurance is going to try and fix the T, but there still not sure, they are taking it to the body shop I want to use and going to pull it apart and see if there is anymore damage. What ever they do I just hope it is quick because I need my T or another T real soon.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey a little bondo and paint and you're good to go!

(Glad you weren't hurt...and hope the insurance company does right by you.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well if they do total the truck ill take the bed off of it lol, i actually got t-boned sat by a guy and his insurance SUCKS to the point i might have to file through mine. Sorry to here about your accident i know exactly what your feeling right now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
here is my baby all busted up

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry to hear that from a fellow AL Titan owner. I don't know if I would be excited or not if they didnt total it out. Thats heavy damage, possibly frame to the truck. Can you say carfax?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok!

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Good luck getting it totalled... don't think they will from the looks of it but hope they do! The titan deff does its job in an accident! I know first hand! When mine rolled I was in pain for a few days and cut up knees and that was it! Glad you're ok!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Its cosmetic damage. It makes it go faster....

All kidding aside, glad your okay and nobody was hurt.

Another note, what did the other vehicle look like? If you got any pictures of that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I hope you're not financed. If you are I hope you have gap insurance. Insurance will probably give you low book and if you owe any more than that you'll still owe that amount and have to get into another truck. Happened to a friend of mine. Some a$$hole stole his truck and it was never recovered and he'd only had it 6 or 8 months. Had to roll the owed amount into a new truck. Even so, trucks can be replaced. Glad to hear you're ok!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad your ok man. Its depressing to see all the wrecked Ts from bama. Kinda makes me nervous now being in bama myself lol. Hope it all works out for you bro!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Looks like your T's an 04??? If it is, the probability of it being totaled is very high (cost of repair vs value)...

I almost got nailed yesterday but my T was saved by a red Dodge Ram, which is totaled... I was turning left at a green arrow while the Dodge was going straight along side me... As we were in the middle of the intersection, I hear "SMASH, CRASH, BOOM!!!", turn my head right and see the Dodge whipping in a 360 and stopping after another half turn facing the way we came... In the middle of the intersection was a blue smashed up Honda hybrid mini SUV (funky two tone box thing)... I made a U turn over the center median and used my Titan to block the intersection while calling the local PD for officers and an ambulance... Checked on the Honda driver, double air bag deployment but the mid 50's lady appeared fine and still was yapping away on her cellphone, up to her ear, not even skipping a beat, telling whoever she was talking to that she just crashed... (reason why she blew the red light) Confirming she was OK, I checked on the Dodge driver, who was "in agonizing pain", "ooooo, my neck... my back..." (good play my man!)... After a few minutes, cops and ambulance arrived... I told my story, gave the Dodge guy my number for his insurance to contact me (and lawyers too)... Then checked out both vehicle's damages... The front end of the Honda was crushed all the way to the windshield, no doubt being totaled... The Dodge's passenger bedside was buckled in and under, rear right wheel was shattered in pieces scattered in the intersection, tire was shreaded but still in one piece in someone's yard across the street, and the rear axle was disconnected and twisted at an angle towards the rear of the truck... (definitely totaled too)... Took a moment to realize how lucky that Dodge was next to me when the idiot lady blew the red light at full speed (50mph+)... Of course, she would've hit me more in the rear and gone underneath my Titan and most likely would've been dead, so I actually think she was the lucky person in that crash...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts