Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my bullet put on the tip I got wouldn’t flare big enough for it to fit over 3inch pipe so the guy ran 2 ½ from the bullet to the tip… I was told also that the tip I got was to small so I still get a lot of CIS… So now I got a smoking deal on a pair of these… Holley Performance Products Exhaust Tip*22006HKR and I'm thinking about running this MagnaFlow 10778 - MagnaFlow Y-Pipe Transitions - Overview - SummitRacing.com backwards with the two tips still dumped just over the axle... How much cleaner will it sound this way or is it a waste and I should just use one and sale the other? Thoughts?:read:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had two bullets in place of the rear cats on mine....got rid of 90% of the CIS. If you still have the rear cats, I would still add a couple of bullets...in front of the muffler, one on each inlet pipe. Wait, nevermind...the bullet is your only muffler right? I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be to get rid of CIS like that...I had TWO bullets, and a huge 22" magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler with a built in x-crossover...and still had some CIS, mainly just when cold.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had two bullets in place of the rear cats on mine....got rid of 90% of the CIS. If you still have the rear cats, I would still add a couple of bullets...in front of the muffler, one on each inlet pipe. Wait, nevermind...the bullet is your only muffler right? I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be to get rid of CIS like that...I had TWO bullets, and a huge 22" magnaflow dual in/dual out muffler with a built in x-crossover...and still had some CIS, mainly just when cold.
Mine is ungodly when it’s cold but once it’s warmed up the tone is great unless I put some peddle in it then it’s bad again from about 2500 rpm and on till about 4500 rpm then it’s not so bad from that to redline….

·
Registered
585 Posts
hmm, I have all 4 cats still and with my setup have little to no cis. I ran 2.5 inch pipe from the rear cats to a fm y pipe, then straight into the longer bullet, then dumped right in front of the axle with a 4" double resonated tip from ebay. sounds great with no cis

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, I have all 4 cats still and with my setup have little to no cis. I ran 2.5 inch pipe from the rear cats to a fm y pipe, then straight into the longer bullet, then dumped right in front of the axle with a 4" double resonated tip from ebay. sounds great with no cis
Mine is still factory pipe till about a foot in front of the 2.25-3.00 FM Y-pipe then the bullet is welded to the Y-pipe then 2.50 out of the bullet over the axle to a 2.50 inch tip... My plan is to have the 2.50 cut off the bullet and run 3.00 over the axle to that 2.50-3.00 Magnaflow Y-pipe turned backwards to the dual 2.50-3.50 resonated tips... Surely that's got to fix it other than when it's cold in the mornings cause my truck did it stock when it was cold....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I thought I would dig this tread up instead of making a new one... I still plan on doing what I said in my above posts but I'm wondering one last thing..... Even with the said setup which would be better for flow, power, and sound... Walker B-pipes or just 2.25 bullets in place of stock B-pipes? That would give me 3 bullets on my truck and two resonated tips... If I still have CIS after all of that I might just blow the ****ing thing to pieces... :teeth:

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Okay so I thought I would dig this tread up instead of making a new one... I still plan on doing what I said in my above posts but I'm wondering one last thing..... Even with the said setup which would be better for flow, power, and sound... Walker B-pipes or just 2.25 bullets in place of stock B-pipes? That would give me 3 bullets on my truck and two resonated tips... If I still have CIS after all of that I might just blow the ****ing thing to pieces... :teeth:
This setup has no CIS sound lol

BEFORE resonated tips/resonated turndowns.

AFTER resonated turn downs(dual Apexi N1 resonators)

Sorry, can't help myself, but I love the way my Titan sounds, It took a lot of trial and error and money to get it this way. I've been thru 4 different types of mufflers, 3 sets of different magnaflows and a set of flowmasters.

Current is in sig.

The only thing I can tell you about the CIS sound is that you will for sure need an X-pipe to help get rid of that annoying sound. Now, i'm not sure with Y-pipes but there is probably a way going that route as well.

I do know if you plan on running a dual setup, go with an x pipe.

Use resonators to get rid of drone and they help with the CIS sound.

I have 4 resonators and two 2 chamber flowmasters on mine with X pipe and long tube headers with no cats.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This setup has no CIS sound lol

BEFORE resonated tips/resonated turndowns.
‪2011 Cory Titan Exhaust VID.AVI‬‏ - YouTube

AFTER resonated turn downs(dual Apexi N1 resonators)
‪2008 Nissan Titan Burnout and Fly by‬‏ - YouTube

Sorry, can't help myself, but I love the way my Titan sounds, It took a lot of trial and error and money to get it this way. I've been thru 4 different types of mufflers, 3 sets of different magnaflows and a set of flowmasters.

Current is in sig.

The only thing I can tell you about the CIS sound is that you will for sure need an X-pipe to help get rid of that annoying sound. Now, i'm not sure with Y-pipes but there is probably a way going that route as well.

I do know if you plan on running a dual setup, go with an x pipe.

Use resonators to get rid of drone and they help with the CIS sound.

I have 4 resonators and two 2 chamber flowmasters on mine with X pipe and long tube headers with no cats.
Don't sound bad at all but man u have got some money in that setup... I've only spent $250 installed for mine and I can't really spend a whole lot more... I was just thinking that with the two bullets up front and my two resonated 3.50 tips it would smooth it all out and make it nice and loud still...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah anytime you add resonated tips, it will help out tremendously with overall sound and drone.
So do you think twin 2.50-3.50 tips will help it out...

·
Premium Member
21,311 Posts
I have the Zoomers Cannon resonated tip. It helped a lot with the drone, brough the oveall volume level down but I don't think it did much at all for the CIS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts