Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to the local junk yard to find some fox body mustang parts when i smelled that dreaded smell (coolant) i didnt want to think it was my truck but unfortunately it was, i had it towed back home, i couldnt see where it was coming from, all i knew is that it was coming from somewhere above the lower radiator hose, i called the dealer to see on the price of the radiator ($568.00) i was like what the hell is it made out of gold, about $1,000.00 installed. I immediately started looking for after market rads. i found one at radiator.com for $189.99 they actually beat someone elses price by 15% so i picked it up here locally in Fresno CA. at a warehouse, took me about 3 hrs hence i didnt want to break anything and was drinking some beers, it was about 95 f in my garage so that kinda slowed me down too, if id do it all over again i would first drain the coolant, remove the tranny lines, the fan clutch then the removal process of the rad. much easier. Runs good now, just my $.02 hopefully this will help someone out.

·
Registered
952 Posts
same here, just the other day I smelled it. I checked and just below the hose on the bottom tank, a big 3" crack :huh: ... Funny as It didn't start leaking till the truck was partked for a day... and with the 100 plus it would start to drip down the driveway. I will look at the local parts place here for a replacement :crying:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ive got 42k on my truck and my radiator blew apart on the bottom also. Cheap **** plastic radiator! I found a local shop selling an OE replacement for $225 with a lifetime guarantee, so im gonna go get it in the morning. Helluva way to end the day...... Anybody have any tricks or tips other than what Cheapdog has already said??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts